LegacyGT.com

Help choosing an exhaust.

So i have a 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i automatic as my first car. =/ yeh i know super plain but i love it. but when i bought my car i didnt have much time to look and i really wanted a subie or evo. i found the subie in good condition so i jumped on it. I cant wait to trade it for a GT. But anyway im looking for a exhaust that has a nice purr at the start up but not loud, just enough to make some noise when i flur it but not super loud any suggestions? im also new to modding cars so any help would be greatly appreciated.

check out the exhaust forum. Its a sticky up top

You can even remove the stock mufflers and have custom pipes & tips installed. I did that to my 09 Spec B, Been that way for over a year now.

Oh yea, check out youtube too

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Keep it stock, or if you must hogzaust it. I wouldn't put much money into a 2.5i personally.

^-- I agree. i have an LGT and i regret spending 700 on my SPT v2 exhaust. no discernible performance gains, and was significantly louder, caused droning on the highway (more than i'd like) and i ended up paying to have a 3rd muffler welded in.

there are better thiings to spend your money on than making your car louder. i know that now...

Personally, I would work to keep the 2.5i in it's stock form especially if you want to eventually get a GT. It will keep some extra cash in your pocket for when you do decide to trade up, and you also won't have to worry about trying to sell your current car later with aftermarket parts. I'd imagine on this particular car it may hurt resale value.

Keep it stock, or if you must hogzaust it. I wouldn't put much money into a 2.5i personally.

Exactly. Plus if your planning on trading as soon as you find a GT you like why put money into the 2.5i? Hogzaust it. Save the mod money for the GT.

all of you guys have valid points but so far i have installed HIDs i have some rims (18s) and i put a K&N short ram intake in it, i love the way that sounds. but u all are speaking the truth im going to take your advice and keep it how it is until i find a LGT.

well its actually for a LGT but this girl bought it for me and i just installed it and ran a hose to the engine. i have all the stock parts for my subaru and ill probably install them agian once i trade it in and get a GT.

Archived