LegacyGT.com

2.5i Low Coolant Issue

Hey everybody, today I decide to check all my fluients, and noticed that the coolant was past the low line. I checked around the engine bay to see if there was a crack in the pipe, or if there was any coolant that was leaking, and there was not. I never see any left behind coolant on the drive way or anything so it was kind of strange. Is this something common for the Legacy. I was gonna get the genuwine Subaru coolant soon, but since its so low, Im going to have to get it tommorow. I hope some can tell me why the coolant got so low. Thanks

the low and full lines (as far as i can discern from the manual) are for when the engine is cold. The thing that always worried me was that my reservoir is pretty much empty when my engine is cold and when my engine warms, it barely fills to the "low" marker

Yea, its right below the LOW line, i got very worried since i use this as my Daily. Going to subaru in the afternoon after work to pick up a gallon $27 OUCH!! Ill add just a little but over the LOW line, start the car see if it increase's or not then add little by little till its almost full. Thank you for the response's

If there is coolant in the overflow, you are ok. If it is bone dry and you keep having to add more and it keeps running dry, there could be a problem. If it is just below the cold line, I would not worry. Just add some coolant.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Yeah when I bought my 08 it was fresh from Indiana and had a empty looking coolant level I asked the dealer if they forgot to do that part at the factory and he said no its fine dont worry but something about not seeing any coolant bothers me but if the dealer says its good I hope hes right

• 7 months later...
Glad i found this thread.. Back in August I had officially owned my car for a year, and it had about 35k on it. The coolant level was at the low mark, and i thought no big deal, going from full to low over 1 year/35k. So I topped it off, and when i went to check this morning, my coolant level was back at the low mark. :iam:

Archived