LegacyGT.com

complete exhaust kit....

I just completed a search on this forum but wasn't able to find what I thought I wanted. maybe you can help?

My '98 Legacy GT wagon's pipes are starting to hang down a lot and makes a bit of blow by.

I rather just install a new system from engine to tail pipe than mess around with a 16 yr old rusting exhaust.

Anybody have experience with a certain manufacturer? Did everything line up the first time? Not looking to spend $1000 or more from Subaru. More like $400.

I simply looked up the parts from my local NAPA (Indiana) and CARB compliant cats alone are $415 for front cat and $342 for the second cat..... $140 for muffler and $157 for "header".. not including petty stuff like spring bolt kit or gaskets.. or fresh rubber hangers.... but i only deal with NAPA.... cause im a tech at a NAPA repair shop.

Doing it yourself will be much cheaper than a shop.. those figures i posted are OUR cost.. Every time we use NAPA exhaust parts, they line up and install nicely.

I found a complete set through Rockauto for $400. It's made by Bosal and I have no experience with this company. Not sure if it would be better to just piece this thing back together with OEM parts as more money comes in or if this company makes parts that will be satisfactory to use on a 16 year old car. Not looking to break the bank on such an old car.

Do you need CARB stamps on the cats for your car? If so, be sure the cats you get are CARB compliant.

Bosal is a good brand and makes many OEM and OEM replacement parts. I haven't bought anything from them in years though, but a replacement exhaust component on my last car was of very good quality.

Archived