LegacyGT.com

Local accessories shops?

starlabs

Can anyone recommend any local Socal accessories shops? In particular, ones that stock Momo shift knobs. :)

I've been looking at a few knobs online but I would much prefer to see them in person to accurately gauge how they look/feel.

I'm located in West Los Angeles (near Santa Monica-ish), but I'm willing to drive a bit :cool:

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Cool... looks like they might have something. I'll give them a call this weekend. It's a tad far, but not THAT far. Thanks for the info.

I'm a tad afraid to go - I fear I might spend way too much money! :p

Best to leave my credit cards at home, I think. ;)

Well I ended up driving down to Stanton to that Autobacs. Pretty interesting place. Big, but not as big as I had thought (given their website). They did have some Momo knobs, as well as Sparco and a few other brands. Not as big of a shift knob inventory as I would have liked, so I didn't end up getting anything - and it was a 1 1/2 hr drive (Saturday traffic at 5:30pm on the 405... ugh). But it wasn't a total loss as I got to see some knobs in person and gauged their size etc... The Momo sphere knobs are HUGE! :(

Right now I'm debating between a Sparco globe-x perf leather knob or a Momo race carbon/alloy knob...

sparco.jpg.d51558f4681641e707bd62f53daa1209.jpg

momo_carbon.jpg.7de690988f4c3a01306d5488d207c794.jpg

Already have an '05 Outback XT LTD. Decided I also wanted a '05 Baja Turbo.

In the process of buying the Baja (@Frank's, in Irvine), dealt with South Coast

Subaru. All I can say, what an 'old school' dealership. Terrible shyster ways of dealing. Thank goodness they don't have my money.

Tom

Thanks for all the replies. I also considered the Momo air/race leather version, but I wanted something more of a smooth feel (vs the leather). I ended up getting the Momo race carbon from LTB Motorsports, and it arrived today! That's pretty impressive considering it was shipped UPS Ground and they're located in Florida!!

Can't wait to install this guy. It's a tad bigger than I had wished, but I think it's still slightly smaller than their Sphere line. I'll post plenty of pics when I get it installed, so you guys can take a look...

Edit:

Finally put up the pics... see here:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=264382&postcount=31

Archived