LegacyGT.com

Headlight Clearing - in Tristate area

phildog33

• 1 month later...

I'm planning on doing mine once it gets nicer out. No garage for me :(.

I got some chrome bulbs for my turn signals in my LHS, clear housings unless the bulb was lit looked badass!

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• 3 weeks later...
I am looking to do this soon. Anyone know in NJ if headlights are cleared and if you have clear turn signal bulbs that flash orange will that pass inspection? Can/will cops give you tickets for this?

I passed NYS Inspection with chrome turn signals that flashed amber in clear housings with my last car. I know it's different, but I would image it wouldn't be an issue as most places just look for working signals.

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I am looking to do this soon. Anyone know in NJ if headlights are cleared and if you have clear turn signal bulbs that flash orange will that pass inspection? Can/will cops give you tickets for this?

As long as the turn signals flash amber you're fine. I had chromed silver star turn signals in my old civic back in the day. Never had a problem with the fuzz or NJ inspection.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

^

Who makes these bulbs? Where can I get them and how much? Any pics of them not lit?

I got the bulbs from DDM Tuning and installed them the same time I installed my HIDs. Unfortunately, I didn't really take any pictures of them that I recall so this is probably the best I can do right now. I'll look and see if I might have a better picture though.

This is from the side so you can't see much, just that the headlight is completely clear.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/6534/photo2dw.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's showing the lights on. 5000k DDM HIDs in the low beams, chrome marker lamps and DDM HID match fog lamps.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1815/img0411small.jpg

By null at 2010-10-20

I'm getting rid of mine if anyone wants, lemme know.......

http://i51.tinypic.com/2mcc6yg.jpg

Is that a cleared 05 housing? Anything else done too?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know someone in the TriState area that can help me clear the yellow headlight reflectors? Ive been asking for a few months but the only one is Lightwerks and I have to send in my whole headlights to them... looking more for a place I can drive over and get help with this

p

Do they offer a service where you can drive there and wait while the do the work?

Is it just a mail in service they offer?

Nope, I emailed them a while back and they said you can drop the car off, but it'd still be a 1-2 day turn around time +$150 more since they have to remove and reinstall the headlights.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived