LegacyGT.com

CD Changer just took a dump.

zed32

this sucks!! today i turned on the car, and went to eject a CD and the thing just froze up on me. started making popping noises thru the speakers, and then the lights on the climate control started to blink and do all kinds of crazy stuff. i peeked in the CD slot with a flashlight, and i could see the CD itself in there, so i grabbed another disc and tried to use it to nudge the other disc back in. then the CD player ejected the disc...but sucked it right back in. it made some sounds like it was trying to change the disc, then just completely stopped working.

so i guess i pretty much have no options other than to get another stock CD changer. what sucks is that i had like 3 of my favorite CD's in there :redface:

are there any more of the VDC units out there with the MP3 capability? rhetorical question, haha...i'll do a search. just thought i'd vent here about my loss.

Take it to your dealer, its a well known problem and they should replace it free of charge since a ton of people have had this problem. If they dont call Subaru and bitch especially since they have noticed and created a TSB about the increasing number of failures

http://www.thel7.com/TSB/15-120-07.pdf

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

hmmm interesting. yeah i definitely didn't put any odd-shaped discs in there, or anything with weird labels. i'll give the local dealership a call first and see what they say. my bumper-2-bumper warranty is already out though i believe, i'm right around 50,000 miles.

haha yeah...i dunno man...

if i can just get a cheap OEM one i'd rather just do that. i'm a little strapped for cash. by the time i buy that part, and a double DIN stereo, i might not be able to make my rent payment haha. but its awesome that we can do aftermarket upgrades now. good stuff dwolson.

Don't give up just yet (unless you want another system). I had a home made CD that freaked out the CD player and climate control system. It happened just once.

Letting the CD player re-boot (turning off the power then on again) cleared out my problem. you might try seeing if you can get the player to try and play a different CD already loaded.

Then again, you could be toasted.

Archived