LegacyGT.com

2007 Legacy B-Spec Wagon

cappachinoo

http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/touringwagon/exterior/07/ If this link dont work, cut and paste it.

I have a few questions

Sence the B-Spec will be a production car now, dose anyone know if Subaru will bring the B-Spec wagon over, I couldnt find anything on it.

The Cobb flash program (I think thats what its called), can the 2.5 engine be map so it can have the 2.0 engine specs or its not possible because of the engine size?

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really

wish they did!!!!

Come SoA listen to us!! hehehehehe

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

^^^ya, b/c they've listened to us in the past about things we want.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I think the wagon looks better then the sedan all day long.

The Cobb flash program (I think thats what its called), can the 2.5 engine be map so it can have the 2.0 engine specs or its not possible because of the engine size difference?

I am only 20k miles (9 months) away from trading my LegGT/wagon/MT in and it would take a Spec B plus 40HP/ftlbs in MT/wagon form to make me a repeat customer. Improve the clutch quality, 5MT ok, must have better sound system.

I absolutely love my 05, LegGT/MT wagon, but Subaru must step up to keep this past BMW wagon owner in the Subaru customer base.

I think the wagon looks better then the sedan all day long.

The Cobb flash program (I think thats what its called), can the 2.5 engine be map so it can have the 2.0 engine specs or its not possible because of the engine size difference?

I think you are talking about the Cobb Tuning AccessPort, a very nifty tool that lets one program the ECU with custom engine maps. While I can't say for sure, not being an expert on the subject, I would very highly doubt that the engine maps for the 2.5 and 2.0 are interchangeable. Besides, with great tuners around like TDC and PDX selling very reasonably-priced and outstanding engine maps for the AP, why would you want maps from the 2.0?

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I am only 20k miles (9 months) away from trading my LegGT/wagon/MT in and it would take a Spec B plus 40HP/ftlbs in MT/wagon form to make me a repeat customer. Improve the clutch quality, 5MT ok, must have better sound system.

I absolutely love my 05, LegGT/MT wagon, but Subaru must step up to keep this past BMW wagon owner in the Subaru customer base.

whats wrong with the wagon cuz thats what I was tryin to get?

whats wrong with the wagon cuz thats what I was tryin to get?

Many of us are disappointed that Subaru doesn't release the Spec.B 1. with more power than the "base" GT (achivable through tuning only) and 2. in a wagon form (as available in Japan). While I'm not sure the difference is enough to push me into the arms of BMW, it is certainly disappointing.

I hate to say it, but where else are you going to get a mid-size performance wagon for under 30k? I looked BMW wagons but they were almost 10k more. Audi ditto. There was the Lexus IS sportcross but it's WRX sized. Volvo, one look at the "stereo" and no way (price didn't help). What else was left? Magnum, but it's more full size and feels smaller inside.

edit: wrong quote.

I hate to say it, but where else are you going to get a mid-size performance wagon for under 30k? I looked BMW wagons but they were almost 10k more. Audi ditto. There was the Lexus IS sportcross but it's WRX sized. Volvo, one look at the "stereo" and no way (price didn't help). What else was left? Magnum, but it's more full size and feels smaller inside.

Maybe an EVO wagon (supposed to come to the States) and/or Magum RT?

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Maybe an EVO wagon (supposed to come to the States) and/or Magum RT?

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Don't know how much of this is true. BUT, I was told by a gentleman that works in the Performance parts at Renick Subaru, who shall remain nameless, that in 2008 Subaru is goin to release a Spec B Wagon here in the U.S. Like I said, don't know if it's true, but it gives me hope. :)

- Manny S.

:munch:

I hate to defend subaru's case here, but you forgot to mention the really small size of both the 3 series and A4 wagons- they aren't wagons, they are hatchbacks.

Meh. The saab 9-3 aero wagon is a really really nice car - lovely in fact. Too bad it understeers like a pig. Test drove the 9-3 aero sedan today and my 98 A4 with the sport pkg and 17 in wheels (1.8 T engine) really outperforms the 9-3. The tail of the 9-3 just feels like a numb appendage. Sure it's better than almost any other fwd car I've driven, but, nah, no thanks.

Too bad because the 9-3 is lovely.

Don't know how much of this is true. BUT, I was told by a gentleman that works in the Performance parts at Renick Subaru, who shall remain nameless, that in 2008 Subaru is goin to release a Spec B Wagon here in the U.S. Like I said, don't know if it's true, but it gives me hope. :)

- Manny S.

If that's true, then my manual wagon is for sale in a year.

I'll take offers, whenever anyone wants to make one :)

The A3 might be considered a 5-door hatch, I'll grant that.

The A4 Avant is a wagon, with no equivocation. It may be smaller inside, but it is a wagon.

A Spec B wagon in 08 sounds interesting. We'll see if it actually happens.

But have you looked at the space in the rear? It's very small. We are dog people, and in the legacy, both dogs fit comfortably, whereas in the A4 and 3 series, only one would fit, and that would be tight - particularly for their head. Even the 9-3 wagon has a reasonable amount of space.

The current A4 is just a fat pig IMO - big on the outside but not very big on the inside, while the 325 touring is small in the rear.

Don't get me wrong. The LGT and OBXT wagons are sweet rides, and when you consider the price points and performance, are in a league of their own. However, as many folks have pined for something a little bit more - and are willing to pay for it. Enter the Legacy GT Spec.B Wagon (which would go for low-to-mid 30s) or STI (which would push 40). Once again, they'd be unique in the market in terms of price/performance, but would be in the range of the luxury brands without the gadgets/electronics/fit&finish. However, we've been pretty much screaming that we would buy it. SOA just needs to unstopper their ears to the enthusiast Legacy market...

I spent the last 8yrs. in Japan and owned a '94 Legacy GT-B Wagon. They have been making the GT-B Wagon since they introduced the BG5 (1993).

They had the STi in Japan for many years before it was introduced in the US

I would be very interested if one was introduced in the U.S. but I won't be holding my breath, after all they discontinued the manual in the wagon for '06.

I spent the last 8yrs. in Japan and owned a '94 Legacy GT-B Wagon. They have been making the GT-B Wagon since they introduced the BG5 (1993).

They had the STi in Japan for many years before it was introduced in the US

I would be very interested if one was introduced in the U.S. but I won't be holding my breath, after all they discontinued the manual in the wagon for '06.

That is true, that is why I had a hard to find a 5spd LGT Wagon. It took me about three hours drive to find a dealer with great deal on it. But for the Spec B, if its come with a 6spd, I will trade my LGT Wagon, in a heart beat. :icon_bigg

Archived