LegacyGT.com

What to do with plate and FMIC

BigT

If someone finds me that option I'm there. Even though I do not have a fmic I hate the way the car looks with the front plate.

Something like they have on the evo would work.

Agreed. something that could flaten out on the side of the bumper would be fantastic! Hint hint Vendors!

what about suction cupping it to the windshield?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

im just gonna leave my plates on...

i dont feel like gettin harassed

thats exactly how i feel

i have a fmic

it works with the front plate...

only thing i was thinking is maybe getting one of those fold down plate mounts i have seen on some sti show cars so the plate is at a bit of an angle

I just bent to corners of my plate up. Looks kinda crappy...but so does the front plate generally. Seems to still work fine...I also heard a suggestion of using the evo plate mount which I have seem some people do on WRXs, which would put it off to the drivers side of the bumper. I didn't feel like having more holes in the bumper though.

LG

ya ive seen the fold downs

but i doubt it will make that big of a difference

i had the jdm plate braket on my wrx w/ aps fmic. the braket lowered my intake air temp this past summer by aproxx. 2-3 degrees. not much difference but on the lgt w/ such a small opening in the bumper i think it may work a little better.

JBLU24: lets take intake temp w/ u'r set up and we can install my jdm braket on u'r whip and we can compare intake temps. how about next tue. at the meet

or you can just not use the F plate like i do.

got pulled over this past friday night and state trooper didn't say anything about it.

buddy, i have tints all around, a tinted windshield, tinted taillights, no cats, and a loud exhaust

i think i'll keep my front plate on:lol:

I'm down for doing the temp readings- next tues sounds fine- hopefully it will be above freezing out

buddy, i have tints all around, a tinted windshield, tinted taillights, no cats, and a loud exhaust

i think i'll keep my front plate on:lol:

I'm down for doing the temp readings- next tues sounds fine- hopefully it will be above freezing out

See you guys there! JBlu you have a tinted front winshield? Do you get pulled over on a daily basis?

you can shift the plate up slightly, get a bracket from Autozone or something, it'll move the plate upwards towards the grill...

since I don't have an FMIC, and my car had no front plate, I used a BELL bracket (with custom extended arms) to mount the back of the crash bar (drill and tapped) and now my plate sits low. I also bent the bottom edge in, so the clearance is not affected.

I also thought about getting a very large bolt the same size as the tow point threads, and mounting some sort of bracket there, to keep the plate off to the side, allow for no drilling in the bumper, and keep everyyting pretty much opened up down there... plus all you have to do is unscrew it and put the cover back on for shows and meets....

you can shift the plate up slightly, get a bracket from Autozone or something, it'll move the plate upwards towards the grill...

since I don't have an FMIC, and my car had no front plate, I used a BELL bracket (with custom extended arms) to mount the back of the crash bar (drill and tapped) and now my plate sits low. I also bent the bottom edge in, so the clearance is not affected.

I also thought about getting a very large bolt the same size as the tow point threads, and mounting some sort of bracket there, to keep the plate off to the side, allow for no drilling in the bumper, and keep everyyting pretty much opened up down there... plus all you have to do is unscrew it and put the cover back on for shows and meets....

i thought yoiu don't need a F plate in CT

Archived