LegacyGT.com

2008 strange 'electric motor' - what is it?

I was looking at a 2008 GT. I was checking it out looking for leaking seals around the spark plugs and noticed that there was some black ducting running in front of the plugs on the drives side. It went to what appeared to be an electric motor that was forward of the motor (noseward). What is that thing? Don't have it in my 05 XT.

Thanks!

Okay, too may smart-a replies to see which is real. They guy said he bought it new, and never moded it, and he didn't seem the type, so I assumed this is a factory part, but I've never seen it. It certainly looked like it was from the factory. Sorry, no pics, since I was test driving.

Smog pump sounds about right. He did mention he lived in california for a bit, but I assumed the car was from Colorado. I might have assumed wrong.

Yup, smog pump. Is this in all 2007+ or just california vehicles?

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86560&d=1277258383

Never modded? I can see tons of non-OEM shit in that pic!

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

LOL @ muffler bearings oil pump. Definitely smog pump, pretty sure they came in the '08 up Legacy's and '07 up Imprezas and Foresters. Try start the car when cold and you'll hear it blowing air for a few seconds.

ACK! No, that picture wasn't from the car I was looking at, just one that I found on line that showed the motor I was talking about. Yes, that picture was modded all over the place. It was actually from a thread about removing the smog pump ;)

like this?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/Irani/Filter1.jpg

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Archived