LegacyGT.com

2.5i exhaust question

so i had my resinator removed a while ago and ever since then have wanted more out of my exhaust. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2323803/4 (check out my ride). i met someone who put a gt cat back on his legacy. he had to replace the new gt exhaust Y pipe with his oem one. he said he lost alot of low end torque when he left the GT Y pipe in. it makes sense to me because there is then too much back pressure, but what i want to know is that if i were to buy this megan racing dual tip cat back and did the same thing by leaving the oem Y pipe on would it not be worth it? because then the air is once again being restricted on its way out. or would just buying a set of new mufflers aka an axle back basically give me the same result? would i still get a sound from the exhaust and would i get a little more hp out of it? the megan racing set up is 655 shipped and a set of perrin mufflers are around 599.00. which one in the long run is going to keep a smile on my face:) .....ideas?:confused:

a side question to this thread.....has anyone installed the STI manual pedal set on their car? whats the difficulty and estimated time it took to do it? i just got mine today and just wanted to know what i was in for.

There's a set of Perrin cans for sale in the classifieds, also some Magnaflow 14827s (need to be fitted by a shop). Just get the axlebacks. You may find you need a resonator again though - mine was nice, but a little much with passengers in the rear on the highway etc -> hard to have a conversation...

The pedals are easy - read the walkthroughs - the gas pedal is a bit trickier though. I ended up using a small bolt for it, didn't want to screw around with trying to push the original pin back in. A great upgrade for sure!

well i installed the pedals and it was alot easier than i thought. took me about an hour to do it all. great new look added to the interior. defintaly worth it....i also got my new 8000k HID conversion kit in this morning. talk about torture! i have 8 more hours before i can start this project. good times! haha i get a bad itchy finger when it comes to new parts. i gotta do it now!

• 4 months later...
hey another oregonian, sweet....i love the intake compared to my K&N panel filter set up. a much cleaner sound and a huge improvement in acceleration. yes it is recommended to do the ecu remapping. but this Injen intake is the first step to get stage 1. so when i can afford the $445 piggy back system im stuck with it as is. i highly reccomend this to anyone with a N/A legacy. i did have to do a slight modification to the mounting bracket, but all i did there was cut the 2 tabs flush and drill a bigger hole on the tab itself and drill a new hole in a bracket that is mounted to the engine already. check out my ride, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2323803 the intake is on the 4th page i believe

• 2 weeks later...

Archived