LegacyGT.com

STi top mount or Ebay style sti top mount?

Should i go with the sti top mount intercooler or the ebay style sti top mount?

used an sti top mount is going for about 300, new the ebay ones are a little cheaper, and obviously brand new, and slightly larger. I'll be running a vf48, uppipe, downpipe, nothing crazy just basically stock tuned sti numbers.

Thoughts? If ebay, which one/seller is the best one to buy from/most recommended.

thank you

I've heard good things about "justintercoolers", but that was years ago and generic cores.

The OEM STi intercooler is $450 brand new as per heuberger's website http://parts.subaru.com/parts/2012/SUBARU/IMPREZA/WRX%20STI/?siteid=215892&vehicleid=1502597&diagram=7593120&diagramCallOut=1.

I honestly don't know what drove you to do this STi swap if your only goal is equivalent to stage 2 power. If you're going for a stage 2 STi equivalent tune, that's a different story.

i decided to do the swap because i needed a new motor and my turbo has potentially 180kmi on it, so why replace a vf40 when i can just get an sti turbo and the components for not much more. my only goal is for tuned sti power, nothing crazy just a daily with some zip

i'm a mechanical engineer and i start going crazy if i don't have a project to work on, it's always one thing or another.

Archived