LegacyGT.com

Where to buy gutter guard?

RedDawg

Been working on a DIY grille this week, was planning to paint it and put on the mesh grille this weekend but i can't find gutter guard anywhere. All i can find is precut 5" wide pieces, nothing wide enough to fill the grille opening. I checked home depot, lowes, even pepboys & advancedauto.

Anyone where where to get this stuff? I know about that grilleguy website, but i just wanted to pick it up locally and not wait for shipping.

Been working on a DIY grille this week, was planning to paint it and put on the mesh grille this weekend but i can't find gutter guard anywhere.

If you can't find it locally

Code must think you live in the middle of the Sahara desert. I thought Home Depot and Lowes were everywhere. The Mesh that code is talking about is prepowercoated not something that you would paint the mesh yourself. Just go to the Home Depot or Lowes into the gutter and flashing section (the area with all the sheet metal and whatnot) and look around. There are several things that can be used. Prime and paint. Since you could not find it before, HINT: It comes in rolls around 8" wide and 15' long for about $15-20

I am going to do this because I want to do the BOTTOM part of my bumper to protect my FMIC from road debris.

EDIT: I am on hold with the depot getting the SKU# for you

i spent the last 2 days (lunch hours) walking around both home depot & lowes and all i found was the precut 5"x12" pieces.

unless you're talking about the plastic mesh that came in a roll. Is that what all you DIYers are using? it looked really flimsy

Powdercoat is solid. It's been on for about 6k miles without a single chip. I'm going to do the lower half with the same stuff when I do my fmic. IIRC it was about $50 shipped for a 12"x5' piece.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

i spent the last 2 days (lunch hours) walking around both home depot & lowes and all i found was the precut 5"x12" pieces.

unless you're talking about the plastic mesh that came in a roll. Is that what all you DIYers are using? it looked really flimsy

No it is steel bro. I was wrong about the dimensions tho'...

$16.91 in CA at Home Depot

12" x 25' (HA!)

SKU # 820705

Warning, after checking online, this is a sku that is used here and is an item that is apparently in some stores and not others. If you can wait a bit, I will sent you some for like $10. I am going to buy a 25' roll and know I will only use about 8 feet of it.

i'll go check home depot again with that SKU, if i cant find it i'll prob take you up on that offer. When were you going to go buy it?

My pulled a muscle so the project is off for at least a week for me and my car is running wierd but if you want it and really cant find it, I will just go ahead and buy the material this weekend, take some photos of it and post em. If you like it you can paypal me something like $10-15 and I will just ship it out to you usps. Shipping should be $5-10 I would imagine for a mid-size flat rate package.

You would obviously still need to cut/prime/paint it. When you look for it, look where the rolls of flashing are. Basically rolls of strips of sheet steel. It should be with all that.

EDIT: Hope this helps! If you were local I would just meet up with you and help.

My pulled a muscle so the project is off for at least a week for me and my car is running wierd but if you want it and really cant find it, I will just go ahead and buy the material this weekend, take some photos of it and post em. If you like it you can paypal me something like $10-15 and I will just ship it out to you usps. Shipping should be $5-10 I would imagine for a mid-size flat rate package.

You would obviously still need to cut/prime/paint it. When you look for it, look where the rolls of flashing are. Basically rolls of strips of sheet steel. It should be with all that.

EDIT: Hope this helps! If you were local I would just meet up with you and help.

cool, thanks. I was hoping to get it finished by 2nd week of april, have a roadtrip april 10-12.

I'll go check the flashing section, i spent most of my time in the rows of actual gutters and then just wandering around checking the screen door sections and other misc areas hoping to find something i could modify to work.

I bought a roll of mine from Lowes haha, and yes it took me a few attempts at lowes and home depot before I actually found it, but its not steel, its more of a plastic material, already black and it comes in a really long roll, but its just wide enough to fit our grille with some extra left over. Its a bit flimsy, but with a few cable ties in place, it will be perfect.

If you can't find it locally

www.customcargrills.com

I may have spelled it wrong, but that's where I got my powdercoated mesh.

This place sells the best mesh hands down! I always buy the small black hex and that stuff wont rust- 3 winters in upstate NY with tons of salt and abuse....still perfect! a few chips here and there but no rust.

This place sells the best mesh hands down! I always buy the small black hex and that stuff wont rust- 3 winters in upstate NY with tons of salt and abuse....still perfect! a few chips here and there but no rust.

^3 winters in upstate NY? Wow, thats like 20 years in Cali. Thats a pretty damn good review there. I would guess that my Home Depot grill would take a bit more abuse than that.

i actually just measured up my grille and discovered that the gap is only 4-1/4" across at the widest point, so that precut stuff that was 5" wide should work, as long as it's long enough now, need it to be at least 26" long. So its back to home depot to get the length of it. I dont know why but i just assumed that our grill opening was a lot wider than 5".

yea I was confused because it doesn't look wide enough but is actually perfect in size. Make sure you sand the mesh down well or it will chip easily. Mine was chipping badly over 1 summer so I sanded the mesh down really well and 3 years going strong in upstate new york as well.

Archived