LegacyGT.com

Subie Love? WRX punks?

Well, I type this in slight dis-belief. I've had my LGT for over 2 yrs. Last 4 months at stage 2. Prior to roudy exhaust, I only recieved Subie Luv on the road (from other Subies)

The other day, random high schooler in loud WRX finds himself behind me in a very busy part of a very busy road. He must like the sound of my dual exhaust, cuz he drops the hammer and flies past me.

I know my LGT will haul ass, but the difference b/w a LGT and WRX owner is clear. He did not get a speeding ticket that time. But he did tap his roof on his way off.

What about Subie Luv!? (Is it always this hard to keep from showing what my LGT can do?)

Side note: The only car I've ever raced was a stock newer GTO, we were on country roads and he beat me (it got bad as we got over 90mph) This led to me going stage 2 (Cobb) So, my lesson learned...dont race, it'll cost money (either tickets or upgrades)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The juvenile WRX owners tend to see LGTs as "wannabees."

As a 55 yo WRX owner, I find young males driving cars with loud exhausts generally annoying, since they drive up my insurance rates and invite police scrutiny of my actions by association. Unfortunately, despite the reputation as an old mans car I think you'll also see idiotic stunts from LGT owners as well as just about every other kind of car on the road.

But, lets test the theory. Post your message on NASIOC! Nobody likes teenage males: even other teenage males. Having them around is like having a pet Chimpanzee. It would have been AWESOME if you got his plate #!

Who Dares Wins

スバル

You knwo what my friends told me when we went to a car meet. that they expected the group to not be racing down the highway almost causing accedents if it were an all lgt meet. but there were several other kinds of "younger cars"

Its funnie thou after the meet a few of us wer gunning down 95 and this one car was weaving and cutting and braking hard through the traffic. while i was just gunning it 80mph w/o cutting people off while weaving thrugh traffic. It was funnie watching the other guy try to keep up after i caught up n passed him.

i was at the gas station the other day filling up my tank and a newer 08 LGT pulls up right behind me to fill his tank up.. he was prob older 30's or young 40 in age and as i left i told him nice car and he gave me a nice wave recognition. subie love !

I used to go out to street races almost ever night in summer for 3 years straight, i have been in and seen soo many races and racers its ridiculous. People make asses of themselves in every car possible. I use to tell the kids with the 90hp civics with homemade exhaust if your moms car can beat you your a pathetic racer. I had met a couple cool subie owners but a majority were just cocky wrx and STI owners. I didnt have the legacy back then but i have always lived by the rule give props where they are due. If you had a nicely built car i dont care if its from america, japan or the future as long as its done right. Even after loosing they still didnt have anything good to say about my cars. In my experience or atleast around here a WRX with a loud exhaust is most likely gonna have a punkass behind the steering wheel.

Guest JessterCPA

:confused:

I agree here with 05GT, in that you give props where appropriate. When I;ve gone down to Englishtown, that's where the BS stops. Fast cars & well prepped cars need no hype, they show it on the track. The people who talk are all the people that shouldn't.

I'm an old guy also. What does taping the roof mean?

I dont know what that means,

But I had a WRX HSer drive up next to me stare at me, and then started boucing up and down in his seat like he was going nuts, and giving me the truck horn signal. I didnt know wtf he was doing. Then some other HSer did that to me while I drove past, gave me the trucker horn signal. I dont know wtf they mean, I just thought maybe my car sounded like the semi spooling with my new DP and they were making fun of me. It wasnt like I had airhorns mounted on my car or anything so I dont know if they wanted me to beep.

I race at the local road race track and last year the wrx kids did the best thing ever, they ganged up on me on the track. I now have the incentive to go to the next level and show what sticky tires and a proper set up on my legacy will do. Oh yeah I can't forget the great equalizer I have on my side- actual skill.

I was pulling out of my local grocery store last night and a black on black wrx decided that he wanted to rev as high as he could while I waited for the cars ahead of me to move forward. He just kept reving and reving trying to get my attention I guess. Oh well.

Archived