LegacyGT.com

SOA Out of turbos???

D8N

Has anyone else been told this? The turbo blew in my 05 LGT. I took it to the dealership on April 10. After waiting two weeks for the warranty to be approved, they told me it would be till the end of May till a turbo came in! Some problem with the parts supplier. Said it was a nation wide problem.

WTF! Anyone can rebuild a turbo. Is this dealership screwing me? Or is it true? SOA has at least a month long backorder on VF40 turbos!

This might be foreshadowing when the GT is discontinued completely..

I doubt it.

Subaru is legally required to have parts for 10 years after last vehicle manufacture year, so it wouldn'tbe a phase out.

OP, I hope you're getting a loaner.

Guest heightsgtltd
The shortage is what I was referring to in that situation, not a complete unavailability of parts

Are you paying for this repair?

Its covered under my third party warranty (not subaru). They only gave me a rental car for 13 days. Subaru won't give me a loaner or pay for a rental because its not a subaru warranty. Now there is a Baja XT in with the same situation.....

they made a baja turbo? didnt know that.

its still a hideous monstrosity.

my warranty is gone.. so if my turbo goes too.. I might just VF52 it.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Yes, they made a turbo Baja. One of my techs has one.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

I'm sorry for his unfortunate transportation. did he lose a bet? ;)

I'm kinda surprised they'd "run out" of turbos.. I mean are that many going bad?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

My car has been in since May 4th and i was told 4-8 weeks unless i cough up $250 out of pocket to get one off the shelf of another dealer. They are lucky i have a 2nd car otherwise i would be talking to SOA. Sadly my 20 year old accord had to show up my subaru and i bought the subaru as a daily driver so i could restore the honda LOL.

My car has been in since May 4th and i was told 4-8 weeks unless i cough up $250 out of pocket to get one off the shelf of another dealer. They are lucky i have a 2nd car otherwise i would be talking to SOA. Sadly my 20 year old accord had to show up my subaru and i bought the subaru as a daily driver so i could restore the honda LOL.

Thats funny, im stuck driving my girlfriends 20 year old bone stock Civic. I love talking s*** about Hondas, but you just can't deny their reliability......would be nice to have power windows or locks. Maybe a.c. Atleast enough horspower to merge, possibly a CUP HOLDER!.....stupid Hondas....

I stayed within Japan but i really like my Legacy my only major issues are the sheet metal and paint suck. I would not have bought my legacy knowing the sheet metal is like tin foil because im really picky and i like to keep up on my stuff and its been a challenge.

As for the honda i have owned 3 1989 Honda Accord's my first bone stock sold at 200k and only had a water pump for major repairs. The second i ran into the ground with over 200k and found it had odometer fraud and added up to over 300k, and my last one i have has 172k on it and has never left me on the side of the road.

Needless to say im not downing subaru the car handles great and is a wonderful daily driver. And overall with the price i got more car for the money than i would have if i bought the Mitsubishi Evo that i wanted but was not worth the money in my eyes.

Thats funny, im stuck driving my girlfriends 20 year old bone stock Civic. I love talking s*** about Hondas, but you just can't deny their reliability......would be nice to have power windows or locks. Maybe a.c. Atleast enough horspower to merge, possibly a CUP HOLDER!.....stupid Hondas....

Hondas are great ECONOMY cars.

they made a baja turbo? didnt know that.

its still a hideous monstrosity.

LMFAO, I actually know a guy running a ported VF-39 and an STI top mount on his baja. It just dyno'd at 293whp/326lb-ft last week . . . it looks like an F150 and an STi mated. lol

Whoo Hoo! I finally got my car back! It only took 41 days to do a three hour job. And they forgot to tighten the clamp for the rubber boot coming out of the intercooler. Scared the crap out of me first time I stepped on it. After that I made sure to double check everything they did.

Archived