LegacyGT.com

Kumho Ecsta PA31

GTTuner

New tire from Kumho, put a set on last month.

I've had two sets of Kumhos ( ASX's and KU-27's ) and was always satisfied with them but never had any love for them. These tires keep getting better. The PA31 is an HPAS tire, nice grip, SMOOTH AND QUIET, nice response and they were absolutely amazing in the snow last week. My first set of Kumho's I am feeling love for. I recommend them.

good to hear. think those are the ones I'm putting on next month
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

yeah, no auto cross. with 245k that's the last thing I'd think of. in fact...I've had a rallitek 21mm sway bar on the car forever. it's coming off. I've had the worst time finding brackets/bushings that fit. finally found the bushings, but the bracket is too small and won't line up. going back to stock sway bar.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I just got a set of these based off this review and a crazy low price thru my buddy. Soo far everything the OP said is true! Haven't had snow yet but plenty of rain and they ride super smooth n quiet! Gttuner, thanks for the insight!

gonna give em a shot. Conti DWSs have been had too soft of a sidewall up here in NE, seems I get a sidewall bubble in at least one every winter.

These tire sizes run "small". Get the 225/45R17's and the are marginally bigger than the 215's. They are much smaller than the previous 225's I had on the car.

Overall for the price I'm still happy with them. Still quiet and wearing evenly.

These tire sizes run "small". Get the 225/45R17's and the are marginally bigger than the 215's. They are much smaller than the previous 225's I had on the car.

Overall for the price I'm still happy with them. Still quiet and wearing evenly.

I ordered 225s, tirerack already shipped, should be here tomorrow morning :spin:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a set of 225/40/18's on my OEM Spec B wheels for this winter. So far so good but we haven't had any real snow either. Handles the wet really nice and good grip and minimal tire squeal when I go around on-ramps faster than I should.

So far I'm happy and would recommend them.

• 2 months later...
Tempted to pull the trigger. Can't decide between these and the Michelin Pilot Sport AS. I know, two different ends of the spectrum price wise. For the price, the Kumho is great and as ,y car gets older, I kinda don't feel like investing too much money in it. There's been a lot snow these past months. Hoping you guys can give some feedback on how they're performing.

We've gotten hammered a few times with snow since I put mine on in November and I'd still highly recommend them. They can't match the Michelin X-ice2 i had on my winter set for the last few years but they still work very well in the snow. I've even had the car out goofing off a few times and they break away smoothly once you reach their limits which takes some effort.

For the money, I'm very happy. They're good in the rain as well and grip fine in the dry (what we've had of it) considering what they are and designed for.

Archived