LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

rich_lgt,

at 340whp you are at/over the limit and your 5EAT is living on borrowed time...

HexMods can't help you, yet (but I now he is working on it...)

Your other option might be to try IPT but make SURE that they have a VB kit for your year! If not, don't bother. Level10 - has mixed reviewed, at best...

good luck

Level10 has a vb? Since when?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not sure if the 08-09 VB mod is going to ever be available. Afaik Dave has discontinued work on it. Sadly, I am now looking at the possibility of parting with my 08 5EAT. It never has reached its potential.

Yeah that's a shame. I basically castrated mine and gave it to my Daughter.

In Dave's defense, he did something no one else was willing to do. And there must not be any money in it or he would nail 08-09 down. I have nothing but admiration for the Man.

In Dave's defense, he did something no one else was willing to do. And there must not be any money in it or he would nail 08-09 down. I have nothing but admiration for the Man.

No money in it? Highly unlikely, I'd pay $1200 to have a vb on par with his 05-07 vb mob. I'm sure the other 5eat 08-09 modders would do the same as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

There is no money in it. I paid IPT $2k for their first attempt. FAIL. I gave Dave a VB for his first attempt. It works, but its not going to hold any more power (as best I can tell without breaking another transmission).

The amount of R&D required will far outpace any sales profit. That is why no one has done it. That is why no one ever will. That is why I should have sold the car 2+ years ago. Now it has limited value and is used as a baby hauling grocery getter with a boat load of mods and a stock turbo.

Completely agree!!!

• 1 month later...
Just did my valve body this Weekend with no issues. Man this thing clamps down hard, I hope that second gear smooth-ens out some. Other than that I'm Impressed.

Are you tuned or no? Itll take time to relearn shifts but i noticed after getting tuned with a larger turbo, the shifts got smoother.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

the more power you make the smoother shifts get ... smooth shifts is bad thing for trans life.

Lol , myn got smoother then before but still jerk every often. Thinking about get getting the comfort trans mount to see if it helps.

My high mileage turd.

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question. I just bought a 2005 Legacy gt from a friend. The car always drove fantastic before and after the Hexmods VB. Don't get me wrong, it did go through the hard shifting period and the relearning time after the VB mod but in time everything smoothed out. The car had been sitting for a month when I bought it and after driving it for a few miles it threw a CEL. Codes 0700,0771 and 1798. I did a reset of the TCM and ECU and all codes cleared. Drove and everything good with some hard shifts at the beginning but after driving for 30 miles it was almost back to normal sans the downshift to 1rst gear. Next time I started it CEL again. Code 0700 and 1798. I did the reset again and everything cleared but the next time I started the car 0700 and 1798 came back again. The car is shifting good with the downshift to first getting smoother as time goes. Is the matter of the annoying CEL coming back. Should I drive it without resetting it to see if the problem solves itself? Has this happened to anyone else? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Quick question. I just bought a 2005 Legacy gt from a friend. The car always drove fantastic before and after the Hexmods VB. Don't get me wrong, it did go through the hard shifting period and the relearning time after the VB mod but in time everything smoothed out. The car had been sitting for a month when I bought it and after driving it for a few miles it threw a CEL. Codes 0700,0771 and 1798. I did a reset of the TCM and ECU and all codes cleared. Drove and everything good with some hard shifts at the beginning but after driving for 30 miles it was almost back to normal sans the downshift to 1rst gear. Next time I started it CEL again. Code 0700 and 1798. I did the reset again and everything cleared but the next time I started the car 0700 and 1798 came back again. The car is shifting good with the downshift to first getting smoother as time goes. Is the matter of the annoying CEL coming back. Should I drive it without resetting it to see if the problem solves itself? Has this happened to anyone else? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

That code is for a transmission malfunction . Id stop clearing it and flush the transmission fluid right away.

My high mileage turd.

p1798 first gear engine brake clutch pressure malfunction .

might be a problem in the valve body or the trans clutch piston seals

fluid change likely wont help .

you can disable p0700 in the rom with open source and the check engine light wont come back on for any trans related issues , but the codes will still be visible.

the 1st gear engine brake is only used in first gear and for engine braking. so you should not get stuck anywhere because of this issue.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Is this something that has happened to other HexMods VB users and has gone away after the TCM relearn period? The transmission shifts, for all purposes ,"normal". I mean it shifts positive without slipping. I just don't want to mess things up by keeping on driving the car like that. Edited by negroturbo

not that i know of ..

there is a problem with a part of the trans , but that should not affect the rest of it. as its just setting an error because its not behaving as expected , the code will likely be only set when in manual 1st gear

Edited by frank_ster

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

not that i know of ..

there is a problem with a part of the trans , but that should not affect the rest of it. as its just setting an error because its not behaving as expected , the code will likely be only set when in manual 1st gear

Ok. I am going to use it as long as it behaves like the last time when it cleared itself. Thanks for your help frank_ster.

• 1 month later...
I do most of the time.

don't. it never has and never will shift into first gear smooth unless you let it do it on its own. I forget the name of it... first gear low brake? something like that. it always grabs. let it downshift into first on its own

don't. it never has and never will shift into first gear smooth unless you let it do it on its own. I forget the name of it... first gear low brake? something like that. it always grabs. let it downshift into first on its own

It goes into first quite smoothly actually....a bit too smooth.