LegacyGT.com

Polish clear instrument cover...??

Since it is sealed, it is likely just the outside that is dirty. You can easily remove the trim around it (4 Phillips head screws) for extra cleaning without removing it (which can also be done with four more screws and unplugging four wire harness connectors). I would NOT recommend opening it up for cleaning...

Its isn't that that sealed. No rubber or foam. Just tight fitting plastic and 2 pathetic bandings.

Haha im thinking of wrapping the plastic inner housing (the piece with gauge holes) in cf.

As ricer as that is

way less ricer than what i used to have:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/SL-i/DSCN0384.jpg

gross.

but ive thought about that before too, get , i think the clear carbon fiber overlay may look better..

Thanks for the Plast-X tip. Ended up using the Plast-X on the foam ball that came with my headlight restoration kit. Tried just using a microfiber towel but that wasn't working. Took several times, was careful not to stay on one spot too long. Before on the left - after on the right. That's just a reflection on the after pic. Now gotta polish the whole thing.

IMG-20130412-00116.thumb.jpg.b2ab27b8f6d1092fb9658b2c74880a6f.jpg

IMG-20130412-00118.thumb.jpg.4fd0bcb1224587f72a67dcf10f16dc03.jpg

finally some answers about this! really need to do the same to mine. been driving me nuts since I've had the car. i have been to nervous to attempt it though as i know how fragile these are after breaking a friends Astra dash cover.

Just take your time so the plastic doesn't get hot. I didn't count, but I bet I started and stopped at least a dozen times. The Plast-x drys out quickly when you are using the foam ball. I used more of it than I would have guessed, but it was a pretty good scratch.

Archived