LegacyGT.com

Home made rear swaybar brackets?

turbodog

I'm thinking 1/8" steel on each side of the mount tab with holes and hardware to get around the built in nuts and to span the large hole up top. I don't have a welder. It would be cheap, otherwise I would just buy the brackets.

It seems like the weak point is the tab itself, it bend and breaks right above the mounts. If the tab was stronger, the upper part where its welded is triangulated and could probably take the load.

By going to the subframe bolt, do the avo brackets lock something in place that would oherwise float on a bushing...?

Wow, the underside of my 08 is far dirtier than that!

My Cobb brackets and supports put a angled piece of thick metal down to the bottom sway bar bolt from the subframe. It dramatically stiffens up the sway bar bracket from moving around. In 50k+ of riding on the cobb stuff, my stock endlinks are shot, the sway bar bushings are shot, but the brackets are holding just fine.

Kartboy endlinks are waiting to be installed along with new whiteline bushings.

• 8 months later...
I'm probably going to end up making my own eventually too. I have a MIG and just scored a free electric oven to convert as a powdercoating cure oven. :woowoo: There isn't that much to the swaybar brackets. Just a piece of 1/8" x 2x2" angle iron and a short piece of tubing. Not saying the readily available ones are bad at all, I'm just cheap and have a lot of tools. :lol:

Archived