LegacyGT.com

For those of you looking for a navi in '06 - looky looky :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It has an integrated tape deck too? That looks like a waste of space. Why not just put a mini disc slot there? When was the last time any of you ever even bought a tape anyway? The last manufactuer of cassette tapes went out of business last year. You'd think they'd stop making cars with tape decks in them now. Where is the input jack to download MP3s directly to the headunit? C'mon cars makers. Get with the times.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

It looks like the pics are from France (see that little "F" on the right side of the front plate?). It is the european Legacy 3.0R. That are stereo controls on the steering wheel - it is standard for the 3.0R (the 2.0i and 2.5i don't have them)

The Navi display is quite good in sunlight. Only direct sunlight from top behind will makes it unreadable (i.e. it the sunroof is open).

Any further questions??? I can check everything out for you, only have to open the garage...

By the way, the Navi works in a lot of countries in Europe. There are already a lot of maps integrated (most of Western Europe) and the languages can be switched.

So I guess SOJ only has to make minor changes for the different countries.

The audio has indeed a tape deck integrated. I also found this very odd, but I found some reasons to use it in the last months. MP3 ability with a memory card slot would have been better.

I hope we'll see this this summer :D

http://www.321auto.com/images/Essais/SUBARU/LEGACY/30_R/600/24.jpg

This one is a bit dark:

http://www.321auto.com/images/Essais/SUBARU/LEGACY/30_R/600/23.jpg

Just thought I'd put out a teaser :D

- Mike

I don't get the whole obsession with Nav, but it looks nice.

On a side note: YOU HAVE AN AUTO DIP SH!T, WHATS WITH THE PARKING BRAKE? :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

You can take some more pics of the interior and make us drool and daydream :D

- Mike

Isn't the interior basically the same as the US Legacy GT Ltd???

I thought "only" differencies are the Navi, steering wheel stereo controls and the audio.

The daydream would be over I you had to pay german prices. List price is about EUR 41000 for the sedan. I got my Wagon with a rebate of 13%, but that was still quite hefty.

It has an integrated tape deck too? That looks like a waste of space. Why not just put a mini disc slot there? When was the last time any of you ever even bought a tape anyway? The last manufactuer of cassette tapes went out of business last year. You'd think they'd stop making cars with tape decks in them now. Where is the input jack to download MP3s directly to the headunit? C'mon cars makers. Get with the times.

I agree with the tapes, they are basically ancient now days. However, not many people have mini-disc either, especially with the boom of MP3's. Granted it is a superior way to hold on to them, but i don't think the mini-disk will ever be as big as it was originally predicted.

A hard drive in the head unit is a great idea...

Interesting wood grain on that as well.

I don't get the whole obsession with Nav, but it looks nice.

On a side note: YOU HAVE AN AUTO DIP SH!T, WHATS WITH THE PARKING BRAKE? :lol:

By not using a parking brake in Auto tranny cars, you are putting undue stress on the transmission.

I will NEVER understand why people don't use teh parking brake in Auto cars...

There is only a tiny pin holding the entire weight of your car at that point!

is that an ob xt? or did they put stereo controls on the steering wheel?

no thats for the tiptronic system

why can't we have that key??

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I hope we'll see this this summer :D

http://www.321auto.com/images/Essais/SUBARU/LEGACY/30_R/600/24.jpg

This one is a bit dark:

http://www.321auto.com/images/Essais/SUBARU/LEGACY/30_R/600/23.jpg

Just thought I'd put out a teaser :D

- Mike

Looks like that guy needs to find the seat controls too and move that seat back lol

I agree with the tapes, they are basically ancient now days. However, not many people have mini-disc either, especially with the boom of MP3's. Granted it is a superior way to hold on to them, but i don't think the mini-disk will ever be as big as it was originally predicted.

Its sad that MDs didn't catch on. You can get 1gig discs now. I don't see the big draw of MP3 players. I can have a player and 10 gigs of music in the same amount of physical space as an Ipod just about. Plus if someone steals my MD player they are only going to be walking off with one of my discs. I won't have to load them all up again. There is the added benefit of having normal AA batteries too. MP3 Players are cool and all, but I love my MD deck. It was a sad day when I had to take my MDLP deck out of the Acura when I sold it. I need to do that mod where I can install it in the cubby so I can have my music with me again....

The hard drive in the dash is something that I can't believe hasn't caught on yet. Didn't Mazda have an MP3 car once? It just seems so logical.... put a 15 gig hard drive in the dash and put a firewire connection to transfer data with or a USB slot or something. I've seen people mickey mouse their own system like that in their car. Its only logical that the car audio industry catch up to them.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived