LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 - 08 LGT 5EAT

I'm looking to go true stage 2 and have read a few mixed ideas. Below is what I've read as far as a true Stage 2:

- Stock uppipe

- high-flow downpipe (catted or catless)

- Stage 2 tune

- Upgraded valve body (ClimberD)

Is this accurate? Basically, can someone recommend safe albeit definite upgrades for my relatively stock 08 5EAT? I'm ready to drop enough money (on used parts) on keeping reliability up and doing it right vs haphazardly.

I own a tactrix right now but no stage 1 tune.

For starters - I'm heavily considering an Invidia Catted downpipe but having a hard time securing one.

Well, I'd talk to Dave 'cryo' he will get you on the right path AND get you an amazing tune.

All you need for stage 2 is a downpipe (you seem to have that covered) and a tune. Since you have the tactrix cable you are going opensource. If you can get that invidia dp, you won't be disappointed. Installation isn't too hard either, just helps tremendously to have an extra pair of hands with that job.

Invidia is the way to go. My catless fits great. I got it from my tuner, www.tuningalliance.com

I also got the thick 3" two bolt hole grimspeed gasket for the Dp th stock midpipe from www.infamousperformance.net.

Another place to try is www.AZPinstalls.com, all three happen to be named Mike. All offer great customer service.

email one and ask about pricing, sometimes the price on the web site is not current.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Moderators

I would recommend Turbo XS over the Invidia option simply based on the fact that it moves the cat converter out of the engine bay. Grimmspeed's DP does the same.

I used to recommend Cobb as well, but the Cobb necks down to 2.5" which will be a bummer if you ever want to go with a 3" CBE.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I have some bad news for you...unless something has changed very recently, Climber doesn't have a valve body upgrade for the 08-09 5EAT. I wish he did, I'd be in line for one...

I have some bad news for you...unless something has changed very recently, Climber doesn't have a valve body upgrade for the 08-09 5EAT. I wish he did, I'd be in line for one...

I was just going to break the news to the OP.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Archived