LegacyGT.com

Tein H-techs + winter tires.

Aodhan

So I tried the search function already with no luck

I have a 06 GT Sedan running H-techs and I was wondering if any one has tried a 235/45/R17 tire while running these springs.

Currently I am running a 215/45/R17. I know the 235 will be a little wider, think I will run into any rubbing issues.?

The reason I as its that my 235 tires are my winter tires and I am trying to figure out if I should throw my stock springs back on.

Thanks,

Aidan

ive got H techs on kyb struts and no rubbing with my setup:

18x7.5 +48 wrapped in 225-40-18..... not your exact question but some info for ya. currently i have some rub but its because my struts are beyond dead. before they completely leaked, i had no rub.

Not that this helps considering you already own them, but winter tires generally should be skinnier than your summer setup. 235 is pretty meaty for a Legacy winter setup; your car will cut through the snow much better with 215s and generally have better traction.

Not that this helps considering you already own them, but winter tires generally should be skinnier than your summer setup. 235 is pretty meaty for a Legacy winter setup; your car will cut through the snow much better with 215s and generally have better traction.

Haha, I was wondering when that was going to be pointed out. I understand that a 215 would be better, but I got the 235's new for free so could not really argue, I know they wont be as good as a 215 but I am sure they will still be a bit better then running an all-season...........or am I wrong in assuming that?

i had that set up two winters ago with h-techs. you shouldnt have a problem. also when the wheel goes up its doesnt go up Staight '|' it goes up at an angle inwards the car '/ Left' '\ right' my current tires are 225/45/18 and the rims have an agressive offset i am almsot flush. and it doesnt rub at all.

Archived