LegacyGT.com

Passenger Seatbelt Chime and Light....

I had the pleasure of having a Subaru Tech come along for a drive with me yesterday to diagnose a cruise control problem whereby the cruise repeatedly disengages with out any input from me. Anyway he was sitting shotgun with the computer in his lap hooked up to the car while I drove. We came back to the dealership after trying to get the car to produce a code but had no luck. I said I would wait until the problem happens again and try to bring my car in with the code still present (if the code is present it will disappear when the switch is turned off).

Anyway, the tech got out and I left... I didnt make it very far and I noticed the seatbelt chime was going off.... I thought that was strange and looked and saw that passenger seatbelt light was also on. So I pulled off and turned off the ignition waited turned it back on and it was still there. With the car running I buckled the passenger seatbelt and it went away.... as soon as I unbuckled the seatbelt it came back. I moved the seat forward and backwards using the lever on the bottom front of the seat and it still chimed and flashed away. I went back to the dealership and the same tech came over to look into this.

We repeated much of what I had already done with the same results. The tech decided to then adjust the position of the seatback and that took care of the problem. They told me they would look into it and that I should bring my car back in if I had a the same problem again. It kind of worries me as obviously the air bags are tied into this as well.

I'm just curious to find out if anyone out there has ever seen this. I have a feeling that no one has but I need to find out for peace of mind.

• 3 years later...
Yes. Take it in to have it looked at.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Your 05 LGT has a possible bulletin on the P/S seat spring (about a 10 min. fix) which should alleviate your chime. Ask the dealer to check for open recalls/bulletins. Also if your LGT is a stick, you probably have a reflash available for the cruise problem. Either case leads me to believe your dealer isn't very knowledgeable... anyone else in the area?

Yes, there is a TSB on the hinge spring on the front seat/s for this.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived