LegacyGT.com

Goodbye my Subie, I will miss you

Well guys it's time to say goodbye to my 09 Spec.B She's been a fantastic car and will be missed.

The trouble is she's just not what I need/want for the track. Those of you that know me know I'm flogging her pretty hard. While she's very quick and can hang with cars much more expensive not only am I hitting limits with her she's costing me a ton in brake pads and rotors.

So off to the trade-in dealer she goes. Now don't feel too badly for me as I'm replacing her with something quite nice. A 2006 Lotus Exige. 19k miles and some very nice upgrades (Ohlin fully adjustable racing coilovers, 2 piece floating rotors, intake, exhaust). 19k miles on the clock, black on black.

http://images2.auction123.com/8b3542eb-b13e-4f89-abf6-fb71cbead7bb/SCCPC11106HL82963/06.jpg?webimage001l

http://images2.auction123.com/8b3542eb-b13e-4f89-abf6-fb71cbead7bb/SCCPC11106HL82963/12.jpg?webimage001l

http://images2.auction123.com/8b3542eb-b13e-4f89-abf6-fb71cbead7bb/SCCPC11106HL82963/22.jpg?webimage001l

I'm hoping to add 6 point harnesses this season, will have to see how the cash flow is I suppose. She should be fantastic on the track and it will be quite a long while before I can drive her at the limit.

So farewell my Spec.B - you'll be missed

(will have some random parts for sale soon)

-Ross

cseagle08 - yes, yes it is. Definitely enjoying the single life at the moment. The funny thing is given the number of track days I do this car will save me money over my Subie (fuel/brakes).

ssabat - I've got a second car, even if it is a goofy one. It's a 1998 Dodge Caravan. Long story, bought from ex-girlfriend's dad for $1k. Honestly though I love it, it drives great.

Oh you'll still envy me Squid, just for different reasons!

Lofthouse - no, she's coming from Chicago on a transporter this week. Bought her totally site unseen! I've driven Exiges on the track before so I know what I'm getting into...

-Ross

ssabat - I've got a second car, even if it is a goofy one. It's a 1998 Dodge Caravan. Long story, bought from ex-girlfriend's dad for $1k. Honestly though I love it, it drives great.

^Time to start tracking that Caravan!:p

In all seriousness, a minivan is everything a SUV wishes it was (easy to drive, carries loads of cargo, economical) with a crappy stigma. You got balls bigger than mine to sport that bad boy my single brother!:lol:

Maybe you will bring back the sexy to minivans:cool:

Backseats are a plus!

I was gonna say -- if the Exige is the "right" car for you, the LGT was definitely the wrong one. Since you're heavily into track outings I would have picked an STi over any LGT from the beginning.

Yes, the Legacy was definitely the wrong car for me, as would the STi have been. See, as I'm not 25 and don't wear my pants at my knees I don't really fit as a STi driver either. And they are just too big and wobbly as well.

And yes, I'm going to try to single handedly make the minivan cool again. I mean mine is at least the "Sport" model!! HA!

-Ross

Archived