LegacyGT.com

Turboing a N/A?

A buddy at work mentioned to me a low compression pistion set up and a i.c. and small turbo to make a 01' a super sleeper, I was going to wait for my engine to die and do a complete engine swap, but subarus engines dieing is out of the question consisting it'll go for 250,000 miles or so, and I have too much invested in the engine itself. any thoughts on this, I'm not going to do it, but it would be a sweet upgrade to a N/A LGT.:icon_cool

It's very doable, and for cheap now days since swaps are more popular...

I turbo'd my 00 RS and it was great (even for a daily driver) but you do have to have some patience, and full engine management, a good tuner and the ability to troubleshoot your own vehicle are a MUST!

you could do a turbo'd setup without changing out the internals. as mentioned before, there have been a lot of turbo's 2.5RS's done with stock compression, new piping and a piggy-back ECU. AVO made actually made kits for it. if you want to go big you'll have to go the standalone ECU route.

i keep looking for +05 engines with the hopes of dropping that in.

I used a TECII on my 2.5RS-T...

It controlled the spark and fuel (and idle) and the ECU controlled everything else.

BTW, if you are serious about turboing your car, I can sell you my old kit for cheap....

Archived