LegacyGT.com

Subaru Wave

Does this tradition not exist in Southern Cali? I could pretty much count on it in Hawaii but here noone ever returns the wave. I just get return looks like im some child rapist.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wave, but usually only if it's an LGT or STI or maybe a modded WRX. It seems a lot of Outback owners aren't really into their cars much.

...wait, you're in socal - haven't you seen crash??? People don't like eachother down there :lol:

I rarely get any love from WRX owners, i usually just have them roll up on me to check me out and thats it..

And it seems that of the few legacy drivers i see oustide of forum members arent very friendly :(

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I rarely get any love from WRX owners, i usually just have them roll up on me to check me out and thats it..

And it seems that of the few legacy drivers i see oustide of forum members arent very friendly :(

+1 I almost never see any legacys out there. Crazy since apparently there are alot around my area. I've had sti & wrx guys check out my car but they usually wanna race or something & that aint me.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

+1 I almost never see any legacys out there. I've had sti & wrx guys check out my car but they usually wanna race or something & that aint me.

same for me except i have only seen sti guys in situations when i would want to race and they probably would also but we are on the opposite sides of the street or something that prohibits me from having fun...

I have found that most of the legacy drivers I encounter and wave to won't respond unless they're, say, under 35 or so. oh, and male. I have never been waved to by a woman driving a legacy. and they usually look angry. *shrug*

That is because of the complimentary sand that comes in the limiteds leather seats..

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I have found that most of the legacy drivers I encounter and wave to won't respond unless they're, say, under 35 or so. oh, and male. I have never been waved to by a woman driving a legacy. and they usually look angry. *shrug*

I used to work the gate at a swim club. I always wanted to ask the moms how they liked their Legacy or if they had had the same problems I had. Usually they were preoccupied with their kids though so I never did. However, the driver of '95 L wagon was a very nice lady. I always felt bad having a GT at age 16 and here she was 35, driving a purple L wagon.

Have any of you become friends with anybody (say at work or something) because you both have subarus? I've become pretty good friends with this woman where I work, due in no small part to the fact that when I was talking about buying my LGT she mentioned that she owns an 05 obxt.

Of the few LGTs that I've seen and waved/flahed beams to they all (4) waved back. I never wave at "other" subies unless they wave first. Well, unless it's my step-mom, she just bought a forrester. The "rainbow" folk don't generally give salutations unless you display the rainbow markings on your subie:icon_tong
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

i posted the same thing in so cal spotted thread. like i said in that thread, i wave and all i get is the finger.. older guy, soccer mom, a guy my age (mid 30's) all gave me the finger... or thought i was crazy..

:confused:

oh well..

So far, the Subaru owners in Dallas and Austin are pretty cool. Since I'm still driving my Honda (1 more month!!!), they still roll down their windows and chit chat with me. I ran across some Forester owners but they just keep rolling. (older crowd I guess). Legacies are rare around DFW though. Plenty of WRX/RS/STI variants though.

I usually get a "WTF was that, I'm so confused!" look from STi/STI/WRX drivers. :lol:

But more than a few have returned the wave. :)

The difference in %-response is amazing, though, when I drive my wifey's Rex. Everyone waves - even without me initiating.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

last time i was in florida i waved at somebody in a legacy, they looked at me like i was nuts... then i remembered i was driving a rental car :icon_bigg

I don't see many WRX/STI/LegacyGTs around my part of the world. I did get a wave back from one WRX with some super fat dude driving it. But for the most part people just look at me as if I were totally insane. I think before you buy a subaru you should have to sign something saying you understand and will initiate/respond to the wave. LOL

I have never gotten a wave back from any females... sad

Don't see any Legacy's in my town to wave out to see if they would wave at me. Can't understand it since we have a dealer here but have never seen another one but mine. That's okay with me, at least I'm unique.

It seems to be about 50/50 with some big surprises. I only go out of my way with STi, WRX (modded) and LGTs. I saw a dude the other day at the grocery store parking lot with a Bugeye, modded with some decals (thought he was going to be a dick). Talked to him and he was really cool. An older guy in a 06 WRX wagon gave me a wave. Got a nod from a LGT. It seems, in SoCal that the WRX is 50%, STi is around 30% and the LGT, FWIW, is about 75%. I don't bother with OBs or Foresters.

Archived