LegacyGT.com

Turtle Wax Black Tire Coat

OK, like many of you I am always looking for a better tire dressing. Turtle Wax Black Tire Coat seems to be really good. Long lasting, no sling. This picture is after 2 weeks and 2 car washes. So far so good.

1819356469_2013-04-0817_45_50.jpg.cd14b0c7ccd31e53bcc8a2bbf1bc2975.jpg

2138065683_2013-04-0817_46_16.jpg.1d5a3cf789708b1c0d56655a6947655b.jpg

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

Very nice. It is good that it doesn't sling. I've found that as long as you apply the dressing to dry tires then slinging is at a minimum. Apply anything to wet tires and you will get sling because it won't ever dry properly. The length of time it keeps the tires black is the important thing. I'd love to see how this compares to Eagle One Wet tested side by side on the same tire. I may have to try that out...

I like the Turtle Wax Black products. I try not to use them very often, but every now and then I'll get a car that has the front end just peppered to death with rocks and the Black Wax kit does an awesome job of diminishing the appearance of those rock chips. It makes for a huge improvement in appearance, even if it is only temporary. It makes a mess though. lol

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I have use the Eagle One stuff before and it was gone after about a week or so. I always apply my tire dressing on a dry tire, I have still gotten sling from some dressings. I have about a half dozen dressings that I won't use on my own car so I use them for the car I drive at work.

Washed the car again today and of course it's raining now so I'll see how it hold up through the rain. Will update when the rain stops.

• 3 weeks later...
Silicone tire dressings can suck it. No offense y'all but silicone dressings can dry out and discolor tires (brown tires anyone?) They may look wet and sassy but your tires don't appreciate them one bit. Go for water based ones. My favorite, to date anyways, is Poorboys Bold and Bright. Leaves a real nice clean matte finish witha nice amount of sheen. Dries crazy fast too (cause it's water based) No one hour thumb twidling needed. Big fan.

Archived