LegacyGT.com

Running E85 as a daily driver?

Lots of us here in CO run it year round. Can have some trouble starting the car if it gets really cold, 20 or less. Some will add a gal or two of 91 w/ E85 in winter time to help with the starting. I havent been stranded ever in the cold, running it year round for about 2 yrs now, its help protect against engine knock and the 30+ ft/lb's is very nice for a DD. You will lose 20-30% mpg though, so depending on how much cheaper its vs 91 might cost a little more to run daily but the other benefits make up for that.

OP you better either gut your UP or just get a new one, the stock one with the cat can kill your turbo/engine when it goes. Also recommend a DP and then you will have a true stg 2, and stg 2e is very fun for a DD. Drove that way for a year plus :)

OP you better either gut your UP or just get a new one, the stock one with the cat can kill your turbo/engine when it goes. Also recommend a DP and then you will have a true stg 2, and stg 2e is very fun for a DD. Drove that way for a year plus :)

The UP that's being installed will be catless. I don't want debris going in turbo. I do have upgraded TBE. Cobb DP and, magnaflow exhaust. I am toting APv2 as well.

^yea probably gonna need bigger injectors i ran e85 on my old wrx and saw amazing results with a good tune only problem was i got like 15 mpg cuz the turbo spooled so quick i was almost always in boost (not that its a bad thing!) but yea with the proper mods and a good tune its a blast

did you leave stock injectors? or, upgraded?

If you don't know the answer to that you should have done more research before starting this thread since you do not even know the very basics of e85.

e85 does not have the same amout of energy per unit. You need to use more/less gas mileage/bigger injectors.

thats why i asked. don't ask, f stuff up.

i dont know the size of legacy gt injectors off hand i dont know them like i know wrx/sti's but i ran bosch id 1000's on my wrx (waayy overkill) i planned on putting on an 18g but never did once i drove the car on e85 but i would think on the stock turbo you would want somewhere in the neighborhood of 750's so if you think about the fact that e85 has like 40,000 less BTU's per gallon than gasoline plus the fact that you are running bigger injectors and most likely higher boost you can see where the awesome gas mileage comes from but yes you would need bigger injectors/fuel pump

thats why i searched. don't search, f stuff up.

Fixed.

While we are handing you info you should be searching for you are going to want a fuel pump. I suggest the dw65 since its ethanol approved. Also whats in my car. Also keep in mind you cannot run pump and ethanol on the same tune.

The problem is going to be if you try to take the car out of state. For example there is no e85 in NV.

Correction. Las Vegas has E-85. It's certainly not at every gas station, but it's here, and I've got a few friends that are running it on their DDs.

Archived