LegacyGT.com

Intake Option... (NOT CAI)

so being new to this legacy and all I want to do it right and not screw it up. I am slowly adding to the looks of the ride but upon running through the sticky section found that this may be a likely option for me on the performance side of things. Any opinions on this intake combination would be great.

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/panel-filter-p-3.html

http://www.ravspeconline.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_29_76&products_id=1909&manufacturers_id=

Which actually is CAI...
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Oh... I honestly did not know the stock intake with a high flow filter was considered a CAI... well as the original post says I am new so thanks for the info OhBe1. Just removed the snorkus while I was doing headlight clearing and reset my ECU just today. It is performing way better now. A little more ummph on the low end as I percieve...

Which actually is CAI...

huh?

the high flow is a panel filter that replaces the stock filter. So unless you're calling the stock setup a cai than?

AVO does sell a cai, but its marketed towards the lgt, but i think it does work on 2.5i not too many NAs seem to be running it though.

Stock is CAI. Might not be high flow, but it gets air from outside the engine room.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've been out of the part buying dept for a while now that my LGT is gone. Is AVO still the way to go? Thats what I had on mine and I wanted to confirm that it would work on an N/A.

Also, whats this business of resetting the ECU; how does one go about that?

yep AVO drop in will work on our 2.5i's.

As far as the ECU reset... Just disconnect your negative wire from your battery for 15 to 30 minutes hit the brakes and such to get rid of any stored charge... reconnect the negative wire to battery. Let car warm up to opperating temp( do not hit gas pedal while warming up) Once warmed up take it for a spirited drive(be aggressive on the pedal)

Doing this got rid of the lag I felt after I put the avo in and removed the snorkus.

I chalk up the ECU reset to being similar to reseting your Home computer once you have uninstalled a program. Basically resets your car computer so that it becomes used to the added increase of airflow to the engine...

Well snap, I better get a tune :lol: I was planning on waiting until I got Headers, and possible exhaust...just researching at this point.

So that AVO cans are direct bolt on for the 2.5i's? They cause any problems does anyone know (preferable from experience)?

Archived