LegacyGT.com

Having problems with my aftermarket XM head unit

c-lo

I have a 5 year skyfi 2 in my cubby. don't know if it's coincidence or not but whenever I start my car now I get the voice that tells me that the station is off air and will return..........happens mostly I'm on opie and anthony, but i've noticed it on music stations too.

after first I thought maybe it was a safety feature since an XL station was playing, but i don't think that's the case now.

in order to correct the issue I have to select one of my other presets than go back to the station I wanted to listen to.

part of me is thinking that maybe my roady2 is old and needs to be replaced???

I have it hard wired in with an fm modulator too.

thoughts or suggestions or comments?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Mine was doing the same thing. I think has something to do with the merger. I think they are still working some kinks out. Some evenings, though, Sirius takes O&A off the air for college football games. I have the skyfi hardwired also, so I think it's more of a programming issue.

wow, I'm not happy with that. very annoying.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

agreed. fewer stations I like to listen to then before. I have 2 units. one for the car and one for the house.

debating canceling one for the car but I do like listening to O&A. can't decide what to do.

Archived