LegacyGT.com

Hissing noise from CC and this freakin' De-Icer

UMD_03LGT

A couple questions for you interior-savvy folks:

1) I'm starting to hear a hissing-type noise when my heat is on. It almost sounds like the noise climate control tends to make when your A/C is going (compressor-like), but this only occurs when I run my heat, whether it 's blowing towards me (up or down) or up onto the windshield. Do I have a leaky hose? Thoughts?

2) Ever since I've had my car, I've never been able to get the de-icer to work (first toggle button to the left of the steering column). I've read through the manual, but for the life of me it will not turn on. If someone who has the option could confirm to me how they successfully use it, I would appreciate it. I'm starting to think the LED behind the button may just be shot.

Thanks team

• 2 weeks later...

For the De-icer

Takes a while to work. Suppose to heat up your wipers with an element on the bottom of the windshield. Turn it on wait 10 min and touch the wiper resting area, it should be warm.

I never use it any more because as soon as the warm blade hits the cold snow/water it instantly ices up again...usually worse. Just wiping the blades and keeping them at outside temperature stops crap from freezing to them.

For the De-icer

Takes a while to work. Suppose to heat up your wipers with an element on the bottom of the windshield. Turn it on wait 10 min and touch the wiper resting area, it should be warm.

I never use it any more because as soon as the warm blade hits the cold snow/water it instantly ices up again...usually worse. Just wiping the blades and keeping them at outside temperature stops crap from freezing to them.

that's helpful, I thought it was a different fluid entirely

Archived