LegacyGT.com

5EAT TCU Reset w/FreeSSM

FunkyMonkey

• I Donated Too
Yes. For the first few miles, do some WOT driving. Really beat on it for a bit. I was told that putting in sport mode and manually going through the gears shifting at 5-5500 also does the trick.

• 2 weeks later...
Power loss should not reset the learned codes in the TCU. Once you do reset the codes, there are two re-learn options: Natural (described above), and Programmed, which has you manually rowing through the gears at prescribed throttle angles. Post 40 of another recent thread has this procedure in detail.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got my '05 GT and I have found that when I am driving it that when I am stopped for a light or something that the car is still trying to go. I don't know if I do a reset on the TCU if that would fix that problem or if it would be a different problem. I just got a Cobb Accessport for the car. I haven't played with that yet but can you do the reset on the TCU with the accessport or what do I need to connect to the car to reset the TCU.

So you saying, that you have to press brakes harder to keep it from rolling ? I have the same issue, and i think it is throttle position sensor or gas pedal sensor. Mine is +7% at idle. Try to lift your gas pedal UP while at stop light, and see if something changes.

Archived