LegacyGT.com

My New (used) Legacy GT

It was a good find man, there were only some tiny rust spots on the hood that I hit with some touch up paint. I forgot the name of the paint, but I had to get it custom made, 54A is the paint code if anyone's interested. There was a tiny lifter tick so I seafoamed her and its barely audible anymore. Those were the only things. Picked her up for 5300. Happy with the outcome man

Seafoam works miracles... I put it in the oil for the tick. Make sure you only run it for about 10 minutes and then change the oil out.

For now she's just getting me back and forth to work. I'm taking my first trip next weekend to a vacation house that I have in connecticut. I'll also be heading up to my camp so I can get a taste of this awd! my vacation house is near a couple scenic off road trails, so I might go for a ride there as well. Really don't want to beat her up too bad, but have some fun with it.

I'm taking my first trip next weekend to a vacation house that I have in connecticut. I'll also be heading up to my camp so I can get a taste of this awd! .

great lookin ride k, love the black / black model, and i must admit im a bit jealous of your rear spoiler considering that my car is spoilerless at this time. i will warn you tho that i took my 1st road trip and being that im over 6' tall it didnt take very long to figure out these seats dont go back very far, would love to have another 3 or 4 inches of leg room.

stay safe and have fun on your get away k ... :cool:

I don't have to worry about leg room, I am only 5ft 9in... Plus it is in the name, grand touring! I'm going on an unexpected trip up north and on some back country roads tomorrow. I'm bringing along my canon rebel for a little photoshoot. Expect some sick shots tomorrow on this thread! And thanks for all the compliments on my ride!

It was a good find man, there were only some tiny rust spots on the hood that I hit with some touch up paint. I forgot the name of the paint, but I had to get it custom made, 54A is the paint code if anyone's interested. There was a tiny lifter tick so I seafoamed her and its barely audible anymore. Those were the only things. Picked her up for 5300. Happy with the outcome man

54A is called Granite Black Pearl. It's got a deep red tint to it if you look at it up close.

Ooooo... Sportshift. That was rare in the 3rd gen Legacies.. Only the 03-04 GTs and 03-06 Bajas had it available.

I don't think I've ever seen sportshift in a 3rd gen LGT until now! haha my friend has an 03 LGT auto but it doesn't have it. completely changes an auto tranny!

I don't think I've ever seen sportshift in a 3rd gen LGT until now! haha my friend has an 03 LGT auto but it doesn't have it. completely changes an auto tranny!

Another great thing about that year Lgt with sport shift in first and second u get 45/55 power distribution. The L auto has 90/10 power split.

Another great thing about that year Lgt with sport shift in first and second u get 45/55 power distribution. The L auto has 90/10 power split.

The normal 4EAT should be 50/50 in 1, 2, or 3. In D it is variable starting at 90/10 and if it started slipping would max at 50/50.

Every page I have ever read has stated this. So.. Instead of saying "no no no no" how about actually backing up your disagreement with something.

And Sean.. That is funny that you would try to shoot me down after arguing with everyone on here and looking like an idiot about the child seat latches...

GTs equipped with the optional sportshift automatic transmission now have

Subaru's most advanced all-wheel drive system, called ``Variable

Torque Distribution,'' or Vtd.

Subaru has three AWD systems. ``Continuous All-Wheel Drive'' in

manual transmission models is a mechanical system with a static

50/50 power split that uses a viscous-coupling center differential to

redistribute torque as needed. ``Active All-Wheel Drive'' in middle-

line automatic models has an electronically-managed continuously

variable transfer clutch and is set up 90/10 for a front-drive bias. The

``Variable Torque Distribution'' system in premium automatic

models, including the 2.5 GT, has an electronic control system that

integrate inputs from the engine and transmission computers to

decide how to control torque transfer. It also uses a viscous limited

slip rear differential to direct power to the rear wheel with the most traction.

And as I said, 90-10 in D, with a variable distribution up to 50-50. Lower gear selections stay at 50-50. Nothing in that refutes this statement.

If I am wrong, I will happily admit it, but all of the information I have ever read states what I have. Please forward any contradictory information to me, and I will be happy to reevaluate my statement.

So my point was to tell krsnajevons that his car has a cool trans not to get in to a pissing match with u, but the only way a subaru has a 50/50 split is with a manual trans the L trans does not distribute power like the vtd trans u only get 10% to the rear. A good example would be in the snow with my lgt vtd first and second has a ton of power to the rear but up shift to third and all the power goes to the front. Thats why u pay extra for the vtd. (Because its diffrent then the standard auto)

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2003.html#GT%20options

Archived