LegacyGT.com

I can't post pictures... mods, please help!

Mods,

I can't post pics, even though they were 640x480 and only approx 55kb each.

The site said I was missing a secuirty token, and the action could not be completed. I have new pics of a custom exhaust, and want to show it off!

Cheers,

Don

• 2 weeks later...
We can't help you further. This is an issue between your browser (and maybe your cache) and vbulletin. I've honestly never heard of it affecting a brand new browser though.

I am having the same issue using Safari. Several restarts...It only works randomly but most group attachments fail. I am going to try another browser, but I am definitely having issues. My error states: your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

Any anti-virus upgrades or so that may be guilty?

If you can - disable the anti-virus and try again. It's worth a try.

It may of course also be that your computer is infected by a virus so do a scan first. There are online scanners that you can use too.

453747.png

My computer is not infected. I can open up my firewall to test this, but I am not having any problems on any other vbulletin forums. I will disable the AV and give it a shot...I am just not seeing where the problem may lie on my side though, but I will give your suggestions a try just to isolate the issue.

If you can post an exact repro case it could help. Browser, image being uploaded, what thread or exact URL it's being added to, etc.

Also try using the "VBulletin Default" skin and that you are on "legacygt.com" and not some other URL.

Basically Vbulletin puts a token in the form submission when you add a photo, then the server looks at that token to make sure they match. It's called CSRF protection. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_request_forgery

Vbulletin thinks you're not uploading the content from this site, so it stops you. We get complaints about this, but it's random and seems to affect one or two people every few months, so we can't really nail down what precisely causes it for them (or anything we can fix).

Archived