LegacyGT.com

Is there really a difference between amsoil and oem?

DrewLGT

in the equipment used to flush the tranny?

I spent $150 on amsoil fluid, and now I can't find a shop to use it. I called three local shops that do BG service and they all refused to use the synthetic fluid. They said their machines were'nt compatible...

Same.

Apparently the shops are not willing to cooperate with you.

Another member, T0ad had a hard time getting our local dealer to flush his with Amsoil ATF after his IPT VB mod, but they finally did it after he signed a waiver of some sorts. Contact him for more info.

Same.

Apparently the shops are not willing to cooperate with you.

Another member, T0ad had a hard time getting our local dealer to flush his with Amsoil ATF after his IPT VB mod, but they finally did it after he signed a waiver of some sorts. Contact him for more info.

thats what I figured...

I hate to argue with someone over giving them my money. I'm going to call a few more places today.

wow. that's crazy. our dealer here will put whatever you want into your car as long as it's not bad for it. If the SOA stuff is better, they will recommend that and will do the BG additive. the SOA ATF fluid is top notch, and only the Amsoil is better. I'm looking into the Amsoil 5W40 for the STI once it hits about 8K miles.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

wow. that's crazy. our dealer here will put whatever you want into your car as long as it's not bad for it. If the SOA stuff is better, they will recommend that and will do the BG additive. the SOA ATF fluid is top notch, and only the Amsoil is better. I'm looking into the Amsoil 5W40 for the STI once it hits about 8K miles.

wow you have an sti?

wow you have an sti?

no. i just like to pretend.

:lol::lol::lol:

but seriously, the AMSOIL ATF is only slightly better than the SOA stuff. not enough for me to pay that extra money. add the BG additive and you're golden.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived