LegacyGT.com

Touchless Car Wash

carter- I have 3 turbo subbies, 2 foresters and a 08 spec b, nothing is going to happen if water or soap or snow gets into the hood scoop. good luck with your new ride!!!

Maybe they use a special soap? Some of the soaps out there will kill your inter cooler in one wash :eek:. Be very careful.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

I've ran my LGT through touch-less, "touch", hand wash - and to be honest (I know i will get slammed by people on this board) the "touch" version works the best. My intercooler is still humming strong after 13,000. You will be fine.

p.s. Supposly the "touch" car wash create the best result, and leave the least swirl mark per lnk below...

http://www.premier-carwash.com/p_research.asp

LET THE DEBATE WAR BEGIN!!:lol:

I work at a Touch wash and honestly you dont have to use such harsh chemicals to get the dirt off. We have a precision touchless carwash down the street and when the cars drive by after getting cleaned there are swirl marks on the sides bad. Plus the chemicals they use to get the bugs and road grime off would make some of you think twice before putting your clear coat inside that stall. Soap isn't gonna hurt any part of your engine unless it was almost straight acid. It's soap.... Slightly stronger than what you wash yourself with.

I work at a Touch wash and honestly you dont have to use such harsh chemicals to get the dirt off. We have a precision touchless carwash down the street and when the cars drive by after getting cleaned there are swirl marks on the sides bad. Plus the chemicals they use to get the bugs and road grime off would make some of you think twice before putting your clear coat inside that stall. Soap isn't gonna hurt any part of your engine unless it was almost straight acid. It's soap.... Slightly stronger than what you wash yourself with.

So youre saying an automatic carwash that has brushes is better than a touchless automatic car wash?:confused:

OK Story Time:

I was doing my weekly Car Wash, I was short on time, so I was short on time, so I went to the Touchless Car Wash, It will OK Right? WRONG!!!

I had the car 3 weeks and then while in the Car wash BAM!! the wash arm bolt breaks and goes up. OK away from the car, then it shuts off, thats when the pendulum effect happened, BAM BAM BAM fender had a large dent 1 inch long 1/2 inch deep, no paint left, and mini dents all down my driver side. The Car Wash had to replace the fender and repaint the whole side of my car.

Good thing that came out of this? I got an extra clear coat on my hood, so no rock damage and reinforced paint.

Archived