LegacyGT.com

Suspension component Question

I'm fixing to replace my shocks with coilovers. I need to find some place to get a set of replacement hats, I think that's what they're called. They go on top of the rear struts I believe.

The dealer hear isn't very open to helping with the customization of your subies, even though they belong to you.

So I need to find somewhere else to get the oem hats. I've tried the different places listed here but am not sure what I'm looking for. Is there another term for them?..:confused:

Thanks for any help in advance.

Why do you need the hats with coilovers?

The front OB coilovers from Megan Racing reuse the original Tophats. Now, as I am installing these on a Legacy 2.5i instead of an OutBack. I'm wondering:

1. if I'll be needing the Outback Hats, or the Legacy hats.... and

2. where I can purchase these as the dealer here is reluctant to sell them to me since I am modding my car and It will voide the warrantee.... At least voide the warrantee on any thing regarding the suspension..

My thanks to everyone who have responded to this post so far. I am almost ready to put the car up on the lift to start the installation, I just have to find those wiley little hats...

Everybody on this forum has been very helpful with all my questions so far.

Thanks again.

Oh yeah,

If anyone on here is a dealer or an autoparts store owner or garage owner and they can get these.... I'll happily pay you for your troubles.

Archived