LegacyGT.com

Trade-in questions regarding up-pipe

k2blt

Hey all... quick question. For the past year I've been running my 05 LGT with a STi catless up-pipe & cobb catless down. I'm certainly going to put the stock down-pipe back on; however, do you think I'd be ok leaving the STi up installed? Not looking forward to the hassle of putting the catted up-pipe back in & Subaru themselves corrected their mistake of throwing a cat pre-turbo. I never did the resistor mod cause the AP has kept EGT sensor in check. Is it safe to assume that if I flash back to stock with a catless up, I'll be throwing codes?

Thanks in advance.

thanks robitrice... makes sense & it's easy enough on both the wallet and me

out of curiousity, how much would I expect to lose on trade-in value for the car set up as is... STi Up, Cobb catless down, magnaflow exhaust, Cobb Stg II, Bilstein Spec-B suspension

car is well maintained & in above average condition paint/interior wise. just had a gates racing timing belt & oem water pump go in so all major work is done.

I did that for the emissions test here in CT. Put the stock DP on, put the resistor in, flashed to stock and drove it 60 miles before the test to give the ecu some run time. No cel's, car drove find.

I had to buy a 5 pack of resistors at Radio Shack, that's how they come. I think it was like $1.20 I keep them in the box with my AP.

Have you posted it for sale on here?

Which dealer are you going to, Steve Lewis ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

We bought my wife's '10 Forester from Steve Lewis... likely won't be doing business again with them in this life time. Decided to follow everyone's advice and deal with Manchester. Not one complaint about Manchester. I picked up a '11 WRX premium 5dr on Sat.

With a budding family, I really wanted a hatch. And, as a PE teacher, I'm always lugging equipment around so the sedan got the boot. It was a great car, but I felt it was time to move on. My LGT was considerably faster than the WRX, but I'm still babying it as I picked it up with 5 miles on the clock. I considered used STi's as well, but I couldn't convince myself to splash that cash on a car without knowing every detail about it's history. New has no history... no worries!

Archived