LegacyGT.com

Full gasket kit content 10105AA720

I just bought a full gasket kit for my OBXT 05. I'd like to confirm with you guys that the kit is not missing anything. I also thought that it'd be useful to actually provide a detailed list of its content since I can't find one. So I provided a picture where the items are numbered. I don't know what they're all for (yet) and I don't have time right now to figure it out but I will later tonight.

Edit 1: I have uploaded new pictures. I've renumbered the items on one of the pictures to match the itemized list on post #2 below from Underdog. This way, it'll be easy to check your parts in your kit. I can confirm that my kit is now complete. I still don't know what some of the 'orings' will be used for. I'll figure it out and post later.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=144967&d=1363304875

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=144816&d=1363177353

Edit 2: Here is some more info I found on this thread for the various orings in the kit:

item #3: 10991AA000 goes in between the block halves and between the block and oil pump

item #4: 806931020 wrist pin cover gasket

item #5: 806932030 goes in between the block halves

item #8: 806910170 gaskets for the bottom of the dipstick tube

item #9: 806917070 o-ring for oil pickup tube inside oil pan

item #10: 11122AA000 this goes between the oil pan and the block

item #17: 806939040 AVCR intake cam oil covers (the triangular covers held to the front of each intake cam sprocket by 3 philips/8mm bolts)

item #26: 806922040 This may be the recirc valve kneck o-ring (located at the base of the oil filler neck)

item #37: 803912040 copper banjo bolt washers (except for the turbo oil feed)

item #38: 803910050 copper turbo oil feed banjo gaskets

item #39: 806933010 coolant crossover o-ring

Edit 3: I assigned items #18 and #20 wrong on the picture. It should be backwards: GREEN is for exhaust and Gray/black for intake.

Edit 4: Items 28 and 29 should be switched on the picture.

Edit 5: fixed items 9 and 10 descriptions to match the pictures. Credit: SktmltS--see post 61

Edit 6: added a bit of info for item#26

FLS_7371_numbered.thumb.jpg.b752e6c1df670de61b4aceae77cff024.jpg

FLS_7372.thumb.JPG.976d444d550929bb2edc8dd9a7a4b60a.JPG

FLS_7373.thumb.JPG.ffdebad670258ef2fa76f0e9a97bfb57.JPG

FLS_7374.thumb.JPG.fbdf17c258f77175ef165f94a7764feb.JPG

4th Gen Legacy - Gasket and Seal Kit Part Nrs (05-06).pdf

4th Gen Legacy - Gasket and Seal Kit Part Nrs (07-08).pdf

4th Gen Legacy - Gasket and Seal Kit Part Nrs (09).pdf

Edited by xt2005bonbon
added info for item #3 (see post 52)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your half moons are cooked, one of us can send them to you, just ask us.

If you ordered the gasket kit for your year engine, the HG's should be correct. I never questioned mine.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just an interesting tidbit... My mechanic ordered the correct gasket seal kit for my car but the head gasket inside was incorrect (for the 2.0L instead of the 2.5L). This set us back a couple days and meant I had to move the engine install from last weekend to this one. I'll be picking up my engine Thursday night and installing Saturday & Sunday.

^ interesting. In your case, it'd be easy to notice the wrong gaskets I guess.

To answer my question in posts 6-7, I asked the OP from this thread. He has an 05 where his heads look like this:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/danman2k06/photo_zps364de721.jpg

So I got even more worried as you can notice the 'triangle shaped hole' on the head. I began to assume that the gasket MUST match that shape. Fortunately that's not the case as the next picture showed. It is the same head with the gasket placed on top. That is the same gasket I got from the kit. So I guess I am good.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/danman2k06/photo_zps3514880f.jpg

You might want to just get the half moon plugs for the valve covers, I didnt and was glad my local dealership had them because they all broke in a million pieces when trying to remove them. When rebuilding an engine on your daily driven car you need to have, its good to be prepared for this kind of stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can't believe I found this thread in a general google search for p/n 10105aa720 doing some price comparison shopping. Fancy seeing you here xt2005bonbon. I'll be taking off my heads this weekend and I plan on ordering this kit just so that I have everything I "might" need for re-assembly rather than piecing it together separately.

Looks like the half moon plug/seal p/n is 11051AA070 and there are 2 per head? Is the turbo oil return hose also recommended to replace when pulling engine and removing heads (p/n)? Anything else I should order besides timing belt kit, t-stat, coolant conditioner, and accessory belts while I have everything torn apart? :)

Wayne

half-moon.JPG.355345e522ffd7bf43baf7d3beb7d0d9.JPG

I like to bolt the turbo on using the bolts that hold the up pipe bracket to the block.

You shouldreplace the oil return line, how hard is your's... the return line this is...

Grease the starter shaft. Grease the snout on the tranny where the TOB slides, if you have one.

How are the other heater hoses and coolant hoses.

Clean all the grounds.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Can't believe I found this thread in a general google search for p/n 10105aa720 doing some price comparison shopping. Fancy seeing you here xt2005bonbon.

:). I actually included the part number in the subject line for that very reason.

Anything else I should order besides timing belt kit, t-stat, coolant conditioner, and accessory belts while I have everything torn apart? :)

Wayne

Check the TOB and snout condition. I replaced mine with a TSK3 kit. I'd also check the oil pick up tube for any cracks. I changed mine with a killerb one.

:). I actually included the part number in the subject line for that very reason.

Check the TOB and snout condition. I replaced mine with a TSK3 kit. I'd also check the oil pick up tube for any cracks. I changed mine with a killerb one.

I have a 5eat so no worries there. Not planning to crack the oil pan if the cylinder walls look good. If I do end up tearing in that deep ill replace the pick-up for sure

• 3 weeks later...
I'm about to put a new short block into an 06 LGT, this is great info... I'll probably be ordering this kit soon, and let everyone know if I find anything different/weird.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, this is a weird gasket kit to me.

It's missing several copper bank bolt washers that you'll need, but you get the aluminum washers/gaskets for the piston pin access plugs (item #1 above, which the FSM says you need to use sealant on also and there are other plugs on the cases which don't have those aluminum washers and you only use sealant).

and it's missing all the exhaust gaskets downstream of the motor, so you have to get those separately.

but yet it includes a water pump gasket, thermostat seal, water pump dust seal - all of which normally come with a water pump. And if you were re-using a water pump during a motor rebuild, you don't necessarily have to replace the thermostat either, you can remove the pump from the cases without touching the thermo.

and as mentioned, missing the two cam bore plug (half-moons, p/n 11051AA070) which it would be foolish not to replace it doing a whole shortblock.

There also aren't new o-rings for the cam position sensors, which would be nice. Same for the fuel injectors, each injector has a big one and a smaller one, would be nice to get those too (all 10 of those would cost an extra $4)

missing the o-ring for the inside of the oil fill cap, not a big deal but would be nice

missing the o-ring for the dipstick itself (at the top), not a big deal but would be nice

missing the seal for the center plastic timing cover (one on top, one on bottom),

For posterity,

item #1 - piston pin access plug washers/gaskets

item #2 - rear main seal (duh)

item #3 - ???? I forget, but I think these go between the cases

item #4 - interestingly enough, this is the #4 piston pin access plug o-ring, for the little cover that goes on the rear end of the drivers side case

item #5 - between the cases

item #6 - for case bolts

item #7 - head gaskets (duh)

item #8 - oil dipstick tube where it mounts into the oil pan

*item #9 - oil pump o-ring where it mounts to the case

item #10 - goes on the oil pan for the main oil drain

item #11 - oil drain pug washer

item #12 - piston wrist pin circlips

item #13 - non-AVCS cam seals

item #14 - AVCS cam seals

item #15 - timing cover dust seal

item #16 - timing cover dust seal

item #17 - AVCS cam o-rings for the little covers that cover the cam gear bolt

item #18 - valve seals

item #19 - valve locks

item #20 - valve seals

item #21 - valve cover gasket (passenger)

item #22 - valve cover gasket (driver)

item #23 - valve cover gaskets (spark plugs)

item #24 - front crank seal (oil pump)

item #25 - little seals for the passenger side of the oil pump, basically dust seals like those for the timing covers

*item #26 - oil fill tube

item #27 - water pump gasket

item #28 - thermostat seal

item #29 - dust seal for the side of the water pump

item #30 - oil cooler o-ring

item #31 - intake manifolds

item #32 - "throttle gasket" which means this goes in the TMIC inlet, right where it bolts to the turbo compressor outlet

item #33 - TGV/intake to heads

item #34 - fuel injectors

item #35 - fuel pipe

item #36 - turbo oil

item #37 - copper washers for oil lines (these are the bigger 12mm ones, need min 4 for just the drivers side head, so this isn't enough)

item #38 - copper washers for oil lines (these are the smaller 10mm ones for the turbo side)

item #39 - coolant crossover pipe (water pipe on top of the cases, to the upper radiator hose)

item #40 - exhaust manifold gaskets (duh)

Edited by jp233