LegacyGT.com

2014 3.6r LegacyWagon!! Aspen white. 6 months project!!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you thought about going with full coilovers? With what you've spent so far it might be the next option. I'm selling my eibachs and Bilsteins to go with Fortune Autos. I corresponded with them and they recommended 8k/8k for the wagon for a little softer ride. Otherwise you would be looking at 8k/10k. You also have the ability for height adjustment so you wouldn't need spacers.

My buddy has a 15 Sti with the same coilovers and they do ride pretty nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I tought about kw coilovers. Only concern is that I want a near stock feel and ride. I will be trying the h&r springs when the arrive.

Roads are really, REALLY bad here. Potholes everywhere, and bumps, and cracks. Plus the 225/35/19 I will be testing tomorrow are so thin, it's going to be harsh..

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

But I thought you hated the 5th gen? :iam:

My wife drives this exact car SAP package and all. Those chocolate brown leather seats are amazing.

Personally, I would have left the door handles and mirrors grey.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Is there konis that are not inserts?? I think I am aiming for a stock feel ride. After one day with the bilsteins, my back hurts...

Konis with stock 3.6R springs might give you a ride that is close to stock, but more controlled. The adjustable feature is helpful.

Konis are inserts in the front, but installation is really not bad at all. The best way is to use a pipe cutter tool for a clean cut, but a sawzall with a fresh blade works OK with the strut secured in a vice. Koni rear shocks are a direct replacement.

With your roads you will not like the H&R lowering springs, especially coupled with your Bilsteins. You're best off with KW's that are valved for 5k F/6k R springs.

Even with the v1s?? I think they only make the v3s for leg gt?

Could I use v1 kw from wrx ? If so, what year?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Konis with stock 3.6R springs might give you a ride that is close to stock, but more controlled. The adjustable feature is helpful.

Konis are inserts in the front, but installation is really not bad at all. The best way is to use a pipe cutter tool for a clean cut, but a sawzall with a fresh blade works OK with the strut secured in a vice. Koni rear shocks are a direct replacement.

Can I cut my bilsteins??

Just kidding.

The h&r springs are in today. I will see if I can get the car to the right level. Then I might consider konis if I find my dream spring setup. If not it might be kws.

My wife drives this exact car SAP package and all. Those chocolate brown leather seats are amazing.

Personally, I would have left the door handles and mirrors grey.

Yeah! Love the brown. Here in Canada, it was not available before the newer 2015+ gen. So it's even more special for me.

I tought about the grey handle. I was not really sure since it was a dark grey compared to the white.

Koni's with Eibach springs are not all that much stiffer than soft stock 2010-2012 springs. I would imagine they are close to how '13/14 Legacy springs are.

You can still get the Eibachs off of their site for like $90. I posted it on here somewhere last year.

You can still get the Eibachs off of their site for like $90. I posted it on here somewhere last year.

Legacy 2.5 or gt springs wont work in front. I got the 3.6r!!

That's why I went with h&r since they are 3.6 r specific.

Anyways I would like to see the link for the 90$ eibachs.

I found some kw v1 and v3s. Used. I will think about it.

2.5i, 2.5GT and 3.6R springs are all essentially the same, close enough that it doesn't matter.

Okok. Well I tested the h&r this morning and I really like those so far. The rear is too low like expected but the ride is good. A bit firm at slow speed but smooth and controlled on faster roads.

Okok. Well I tested the h&r this morning and I really like those so far. The rear is too low like expected but the ride is good. A bit firm at slow speed but smooth and controlled on faster roads.

Great news! They are great springs, I love them. You paired them with the Bilsteins? If so, you are the first to do so.

Great news! They are great springs, I love them. You paired them with the Bilsteins? If so, you are the first to do so.

Yes with gt worx bilsteins.

The 19x9 +30 wheels still don't fit in the back even with 235/35/19 tires. I will try getting the rear wheel to come in a bit with legacy upper control arms. They are shorter somit should help. I think I might need adj toe links too.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

What's odd is I ran 19x9 +35 with a 255/35 and another setup 245/40 with minor trimming in the rear to remove the inside lip with coils. PM me if you want some pics I can send you.

Have you rolled the back fenders? Maybe all you need is a good roll. And yes I mean ROLL not PULL. Coils really would solve everything because those specs aren't overly aggressive when I type them into. Willtheyfit.com

What's odd is I ran 19x9 +35 with a 255/35 and another setup 245/40 with minor trimming in the rear to remove the inside lip with coils. PM me if you want some pics I can send you.

Have you rolled the back fenders? Maybe all you need is a good roll. And yes I mean ROLL not PULL. Coils really would solve everything because those specs aren't overly aggressive when I type them into. Willtheyfit.com

Yes a roll would solve the interference. I should have done it BEFORE I paint the car. I am scared of rust on the long term also because here in eastern Canada we have salt in winter. Everytime I see a slammed subaru with rolled fenders, they are rust buckets because of the roll. Maybe with a lot of por15 I would be ok.