LegacyGT.com

Indicators on the mirrors

Has anyone replaced the standard exterior mirrors for the ones with the indicators yet? Is it an easy install, is it possible to retrofit? They should have made that available on all the Legacys, not just the GTs. I like that and want it if it is possible.

all the gts have them not the 2,5is :-(...if you really want to get crazy the j spec mirrors have a push button folding deal going on, too...

Yes, that's tight. I also believe they have an option to vibrate them rapidly too to shake off the ice/snow. Don't need it here though.

Yes, that's tight. I also believe they have an option to vibrate them rapidly too to shake off the ice/snow. Don't need it here though.

i have heard that too, but i was not sure if it was a joke?...i want them so bad :rolleyes: just on of those things we got jiped on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK I've done some researching.

The 2.5i is not pre-wired for the mirrors with the indicators.

But all is not lost. If you really wanted to install them you just need to install the door cord harness for each front door out of the 2.5GT (it's just the harness in the 2.5i's doors that is different) install that and then you will have the right connector where you need it. Then you just need the mirrors...

Here are the 2.5GT door cord part numbers:

Drivers Front Door: 81820AG17A - Approx. $70.00

Passenger Front Door: 81821AG13A - Approx. $65.00

and the mirror numbers (These are for Atlantic Blue Pearl Mirrors-ABE, make sure you order your correct color):

Drivers: 91031AG07ABE - Approx. $200.00

Passenger: 91031AG06ABE - Approx. $200.00

Sounds like an expensive mod....$535.00 plus time to install.

Looks good. Too bad we don't get a lot of the goodies that the rest of the world gets. I notice that from the Japan website, their cars have what looks like LED in the right side backup lights among a lot of the things we have been discussing. Their bumpers look so much nicer, it gives their car a much classier look. With all those things that we don't get here, it makes you feel cheated when you take a look at one of theirs.

Looks good. Too bad we don't get a lot of the goodies that the rest of the world gets.

The rest of the world doesn't get anywhere near what you can get in Japan. The options list is almost enough to make a BMW buyer cringe. Dumb move by Subaru IMHO. Sure cost is a factor but so what to those who can afford it. Don't see BMW holding back on the options list yet plenty of people I know opt for them.

If I remember correctly, our models are built here. I am sure Subaru America could develop some items for our market. Imagine adding a few extras that the big boys charge extra for to make the cars that much more appealing. I think one thing that they could have expanded on is the color choices for the interior and exterior. I would have liked to have had the choice of color for the interior of my car. Black leather is not my cup of tea. I would have preferred a dark gray. I see in some of the photos from the Japanese models, they have a two tone interior. My black dash shows so much dust on it a day or so after a wash.

Ah, if only. One can always dream and hope that something else will be available later.

• 1 year later...
OK I've done some researching.

The 2.5i is not pre-wired for the mirrors with the indicators.

But all is not lost. If you really wanted to install them you just need to install the door cord harness for each front door out of the 2.5GT (it's just the harness in the 2.5i's doors that is different) install that and then you will have the right connector where you need it. Then you just need the mirrors...

Here are the 2.5GT door cord part numbers:

Drivers Front Door: 81820AG17A - Approx. $70.00

Passenger Front Door: 81821AG13A - Approx. $65.00

and the mirror numbers (These are for Atlantic Blue Pearl Mirrors-ABE, make sure you order your correct color):

Drivers: 91031AG07ABE - Approx. $200.00

Passenger: 91031AG06ABE - Approx. $200.00

Sounds like an expensive mod....$535.00 plus time to install.

You know what, thats really not a bad price. Could make someone a great christmas present ;)

Archived