LegacyGT.com

My 2010 Legacy GT Accessory/Mod Tracker

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha i need to scare the crap out of people because people in Jersey are TERRIBLE drivers, and considering i commute to school everyday i need something that will let people know where i am haha...too many close calls lately

the LGT got hit last month on NJTPK

ha i need to scare the crap out of people because people in Jersey are TERRIBLE drivers, and considering i commute to school everyday i need something that will let people know where i am haha...too many close calls lately

puddle light easy to install?

They are easy to install but I actually had the dealership do them for a few reasons:

1) Since they are electric I don't want them to be able to point any electrical issues at me (I also got the extended warranty)

2) Since they ride outside the car they are more susceptible to damage. Again I want to make sure I can argue them under my warranty

3) Definitely a lot easier when you have a lift or get the car up high

4) According to the tech (who also happens to be a member here) it's possible that the wiring doesn't fit right behind the wheel arches and it's not until you get all the way of putting it back together can you realize it which obviously means going back a bit and doing something again

edit: Didn't know it till I got there but the dealership had a GT-R in the showroom (joint Subaru/Nissan dealer)

is it possible it isn't there?

As far as I know it's there for all models but like I said mine was done by the dealership so I'm just going off of what I've read.

If it's anything like the shock sensor there will be a wire bundle and this wire will be taped up in it in a seperate tape. For the shock sensor it was all black electrical tape except for one white piece which held the wire I needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hella Horn Kit arrived yesterday. It will probably be next weekend before I get a chance to install it. Black powdercoat looks really good. Happy with the purchase so far.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2mnnhqp.jpg

Also ordered the STi Pedal Set for what will be $108 after I apply my coupon. Will also be looking to order a matching dead pedal too.

Also ordered the STi Pedal Set for what will be $108 after I apply my coupon. Will also be looking to order a matching dead pedal too.

Hit up Fred BEans Parts on the Vendors List they have a Dead Petal that matched the STi Pedal Set... I have it installed on my 2010 LGT....

Hit up Fred BEans Parts on the Vendors List they have a Dead Petal that matched the STi Pedal Set... I have it installed on my 2010 LGT....

Do you have a part number or link? I searched their vendor forum and didn't come up with anything.

Got the same Black Hellas too!! Hope to install Saturday.

Hella Horn Kit arrived yesterday. It will probably be next weekend before I get a chance to install it. Black powdercoat looks really good. Happy with the purchase so far.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2mnnhqp.jpg

Got the same Black Hellas too!! Hope to install Saturday.

Sweet! Let me know how the install goes and if you run into any problems. I'll be doing the install next weekend.

In other news I ordered the rear diff and cross memeber bushings this morning.

Sweet! Let me know how the install goes and if you run into any problems. I'll be doing the install next weekend.

In other news I ordered the rear diff and cross memeber bushings this morning.

Nice. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the bushings. Do you have the factory short-throw?

Nice. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the bushings. Do you have the factory short-throw?

The company that I ordered the bushings from said they were out of stock but should come back in this week. Will let you know what I think after I get them installed.

I have the factory short throw. It's really not that short but I think is better than OEM (although I was only on OEM for about 2 weeks before the switch).

Busy day for the car today. Got it tinted this morning (25%) and installed the STi pedal set and the dead pedal I picked up.

Tint was installed professionally and took about 4 hours. It looks dark looking down in but can be seen through when looking straight through.

Installation of the pedals was easy and although I didn't time it I bet it was an hour or less. Clutch and Brake are held on with 2 screws/nuts. Gas pedal is 2 screws/nuts + a pin with a nut. Installation of the dead pedal took nerve but turned out great. To install dead pedal:

1) Pull two plastic clips (i got the blue tools from Harbor Freight for under $20).

2) Free up as much as possible by hand

3) Use razor blade to cut carpet

4) Put new pedal in place and push in clips

5) Finish clips into place with rubber mallet

Dead01.JPG.d61cbcc0fb36b119171d5d1bc11f8562.JPG

Dead02.JPG.7b793015a2f686c9f3109606927e1252.JPG

Dead03.JPG.71cb7a9ad5f12784838445f146fc2999.JPG

Dead04.JPG.b4225b7f06a2136d11bf7b3f20d56319.JPG

Dead05.JPG.59f6b072e3a0d23e65e6cdf5e309cdea.JPG

Dead06.JPG.e77105f9cefc53164413a617315f4a6f.JPG

Pedal01.JPG.5638e46eb3fcd65f9ddfb89576384016.JPG

Pedal02.JPG.f08272dfd35073e8725a8390b767075c.JPG