LegacyGT.com

throw out bearing issues

a.lim

i got my throwout bearing and pressure plate replaced by renick subaru @ 18,000 miles due to excessive rattling issues. the rattling went away and i noticed the clutch pedal was a LOT more soft. well bad news, now @ 22,000 miles the same problem is rising. its becoming a concern for me now its only been so long since i got it replaced. anyone else have bad experiences with this?

have rattling metallic noise coming from transmission, replacing my clutch beginning of may. Hopefully it didnt snap that engagement U shaped thingy. Some person had similar sounds and his trans was very messed up when they cracked it open.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

• 1 month later...
thats exactly what happened to me! My car is in the shop right now getting a new tranny casing cuz my throwout bearing busted thus loosening the clutch and flywheel which then in turn tore up the front of my tranny casing. $2500 later and im good to go. This all happened in one day too, i didnt even see it coming.

Mine was failing when I upgraded the clutch.

Think the input shaft has some wear on it from the old bearing that isn't visibly obvious, but can be felt through the pedal.

Warranty won't cover it now, but it all runs well.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

well i guess i have a bad habit of fully engaging the clutch in for too long.. throw out bearing goes out fast like that. so just a heads up.. try to avoid staying engaged in 1st gear on red lights so you can take off faster!

• 4 weeks later...

Getting new clutch put in today.

Here's what happen. Started to hear a light rattle when pressing the clutch pedal down. After a few stop and goes later the pedal was touching the floor board and a smell of burning grease came from under the car, at this point I know I'm in trouble. Then finally it went to the floor board and stuck there.

When the dealer pulled it apart, this is what they found. The bearing was seizing up causing to brake off the fingers of the presure plate. Once the fingers where broken off the presure plate the bearing pressed right through to the disk. Which heated up and caused the smell of burning grease.

When you start to hear the light rattle from pressing in the clutch pedal, it's time to replace it, don't wait.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived