LegacyGT.com

Replacement Turbo. Need help!

gnessel

My VF40 has unfortunately broken a shaft. Like my father always told me, when it breaks, upgrade. so here I sit with an 18G from BNR Supercars (Great turbo, btw). My dilemma is that i need to tune this thing for the new turbo with stock up-pipe, dp. Stock everything... for now. I'll have an AP in hand soon and need to know the best route to go. :spin: I've already had overboost codes thrown and need to prevent that until my major upgrade come in the next few months. I do NOT want to dyno tune this thing yet unless absolutely necessary. Any ideas or input? Cobb has no 18G maps available that I could find. Thanks in advance!

You could pick up a used vf40 until you can install and tune new turbo with supporting mods. I definitely wouldn't run the car with out supporting mods and a tune, your car could end up with major probs

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

You should not be running that turbo without the appropriate tune. You're not going to find an 18G map from COBB.

You have 4 choices to run safely:

1) do nothing but absolutely stay out of boost

2) remove the 18G and put in a VF40, temporarily at least OR

3) get the tune OR

4) disconnect your BCS and connect the line directly from the compressor to the wastegate. this will force you to run at wastegate pressure only. you should still stay out of boost.

also, i hope you flushed out your engine properly after your vf40 went. otherwise, your 18g won't be far behind it.

Thanks for the info guys. I have an AP on the way. Should be here by Friday. iNVAR, luckily there was no metal flakes in the oil, but did do a flush and oil change with regular oil to break-in the turbo. I'll be getting an e-tune done soon.

You should not be running that turbo without the appropriate tune. You're not going to find an 18G map from COBB.

You have 4 choices to run safely:

1) do nothing butt absolutely stay out of boost

2) remove the 18G and put in a VF40, temporarily at least OR

3) get the tune OR

4) disconnect your BCS and connect the line directly from the compressor to the wastegate. this will force you to run at wastegate pressure only. you should still stay out of boost.

QUOTE]

My opinion is option 4 as well as a limp map built until you get the proper modifications *ie injectors,pump, high flowing downpipe*

You can put your car through a beating and the ecu will keep trying to save it but with your current setup you can do a decent amount of damage if your not careful.

Go ahead and PM or email me if you have any questions and I am local.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Pulled the code today. It's the infamous P2109 TPS A Minimum Stop. I want to make sure this isn'tloose wiring or something, but i have no idea where this thing is. Is it a Denso part with purple letters? it's about the only thing i could get to without pulling stuff apart.

Thanks!

first make sure the large plug/wire harness (engine harness) is completely snug(next to the left strut tower). make sure no wires have pulled out on either side. the throttle position sensor (tps) plug is on the throttle body, you can look for issues there but I doubt there is unless someone molested something and accidentally knicked it. you may need a new throttle body assembly, not sure if subaru sells individual parts from it. look here opposedforces.com

I tried to get with Dave, but he's stopped responding to my PM's. This is my daily driver and I need to get it at LEAST idling correctly. A few other forums have seen this issue and think there my be a bad connection to the TPS. I'll see if i can find it on the throttle body. Since it's stuck in my work parking lot, i don't have much in the way of tools to pull off anything to get to it, if need be.

• I Donated Too
U crazy esseeeeeee?

don't you know he's local?

I'm not even one of Dave's customers and he responds to my PM's. I can only imagine that you moved away from getting-a-tune-questions. It sounds like its time to use AAA to tow the sucker home on a flatbed.

this^.

I tried to get with Dave, but he's stopped responding to my PM's. This is my daily driver and I need to get it at LEAST idling correctly. A few other forums have seen this issue and think there my be a bad connection to the TPS. I'll see if i can find it on the throttle body. Since it's stuck in my work parking lot, i don't have much in the way of tools to pull off anything to get to it, if need be.

I just noticed this post and there are two pms in your box now. I was waiting on a further response from you with details on when would be a good time to get together for a quick inspection but it sounds like things have gotten mechanically worse *ie its not running properly when we originally talked about a tune and possible overboost code it sounded like it was driving fine, just untuned*. I hope some of the suggestions in the pms can help.

Let me know

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Archived