LegacyGT.com

legacy gt with TL projectors, retrofit

EJ25subie05

I know the TSX projectors have been retrofitted into the lgt headlight but what about the TL? Will they fit? Anybody ever seen or heard of someone doing it? Thanks in advance

TL projectors 3rd gen 2005-2008

I know the TSX projectors have been retrofitted into the lgt headlight but what about the TL? Will they fit? Anybody ever seen or heard of someone doing it? Thanks in advance

TL projectors 3rd gen 2005-2008

I know that TSX are 2.5" while TL lens are 3"

That is true (but it will fit if you cut down those 3 things sticking out in from of the lens) and the TL is both high and low beam while tsx is only low. I took one of my buddies TL projectors and brought it home and did a test fit in one of my headlights. Seems doable needs a lot of trimming in places, a custom bracket and need to figure out how to make high and low beam work. Was hoping someone has done the swap already, if not i guess ill take a swing at it.

i would personally pick the tsx projectors over the tl anyways. the bang for the buck is fantastic. theyre small so they fit in easily and they produce a huge amount of light and a lot of color at the cutoff which looks really nice

• 2 weeks later...

See if Cesar and co. have done it @ Lightwerkz...

I wouldn't be surprised if they did given the volume of 4th gen Legacy headlights they've done retrofits and lense swaps on.

You can review their blog to see if you find an example or drop them a note to confirm.

http://www.lightwerkz.net/photo/blog/

http://www.lightwerkz.net/photo/makemodel/subaru/legacy/04-09-legacy/

• 1 month later...
I did the FX but they were the 2.5" instead of the 3" version and it still took a good amount of work to fit. I imagine the TLs would be even worse especially since the Bi-Xenon solenoid sticks down a good bit further.

Archived