LegacyGT.com

Notchy 2nd & 3rd when cold

mainelydanks

I recently had my 30K service done at a local Subaru dealership (closest one i trust). This was done just before Thanksgiving.

Since then, after i start the car when its cold, it has been super notchy going into 2nd and sorty notchy going into 3rd.

i ususally let my car warm up for a few minutes when it is really cold out, but occasionally ill jump in and go after its only been running for about a minute.

if the car is completely cold and i try to put it in second i have to slightly force it and even then there is a slight grind it seems once it engages. 3rd gear is just notchy, but no grind.

if i let the car warm up for a few, 2nd is just notchy and 3rd is only slightly notchy.

once the car is fully warmed up these issues are barely noticable.

these issues were not evident before the 30k service. any ideas what could have gone wrong? syncros?

Car:

07 spec b

cobb stg 2

turboback (CNTcatted DP + Bosal SPT V1.5)

cobb sf intake w/ airbox

I sort of have the same problem, i have to be almost stopped to put my car into first when cold, 2nd and third get better. i rarely if ever have this problem in the summer. would love to know why?

I sort of have the same problem, i have to be almost stopped to put my car into first when cold, 2nd and third get better. i rarely if ever have this problem in the summer. would love to know why?

same here...I've always just assumed it's a sign I need to move further south...

Archived