LegacyGT.com

SS brake line install

stewartg

PDX will tell you it will take 1.5 hours at least for the rear (each side), in between phone calls and drop-ins. I did my front myself (replacing new rotors, and pads) in 2 hours, both sides.

How about you do it yourself, or have a G2G for just that.

I don't mind turning a wrench or splicing wires, but when it comes to the suspension and brakes, I don't like taking my life into my own hands. I had someone teach me a few years ago (ok, like 10+ years) but I don't remember much anymore and it's still something I prefer to leave to the people that know how. I was just wondering if $350 was a reasonable price for the install, cause it sounded a bit steep. At 1.5 hours for the rear only I guess it's pretty much the going shop rate.

The beer, wine and spirits are always flowing at my place... Could always fire up the BBQ and have a install party. I was thinking of ordering rotors, pads and lines while w1 is having the sale, tires will have to wait till I get wider wheels.

$350 is definitely steep.

Remove old lines

Install new lines

Check for proper torque and no leaks

Bleed brakes

Check torque and leaks again

Done

It usually takes me longer to get the car jacked up and wheels removed than it does to get the work done.

1.5 hours would be about the max time and that is doing it yourself

The hardest part is getting the old lines off,...Even with a brake wrench on the fittings, they slip and its hard to get off. I PBBlasted and even took a vise grip and plumbers wrench to my friends car. The oem lines are still on there...

My own car came off ok except the driver's front when brand new,...the fitting is a little chewed off, but they arent coming off...

Archived