LegacyGT.com

Plugs at 30K?

30K seems like such a short life for spark plugs these days, but that's what the manual says for a replacement interval. I've never replaced plugs on any car with electronic ignition in such a short interval. I have 35K, and no misses and no problems, and I was wondering what most other people are doing about their plug replacement? For those of you who have changed them, when did you change them and how did they look?

Ed

i had the stealerhsip do my 30k service, and they claim they replaced the plugs, but i never bothered asking them how they looked. the 60k service i will be doing myself, and i will be replacing the plugs also. they are only $20 to replace so i don't think it's such a big deal money wise. I heard they are a pain to repalce though

I heard they are a pain to repalce though

I'm more concerned about how many people report misfires with these engines. It makes me wonder if there are a higher number of defective plugs out there for these cars. So since I have no problems, I was wondering why even fool with it since it's electronic ignition and I can't imagine them being worn out.

Archived