LegacyGT.com

Thanksgiving snowboard advice (ME, VT, NH?)

specinvstr

Okay, I want to take a little snowboarding trip at the end of November because that is the only time I have the chance to get away. Any places in NE opened that time of year. I am thinking about heading up on Friday, boarding on Saturday/Sunday morning, then heading back to NJ. Sugarloaf is at the top of the list and their website indicates that they plan on opening the weekend before. however, thought i would consult with the local experts before making any plans.

Thanks!

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23572&d=1156723724.

Most major places will be open by then, but the bigger places further North will be the best. Having said that, I'd say, in order, Sugarloaf (hey, it's The Loaf :wub: , as seen above :icon_bigg ), Killington (they are always good early) and Sunday River (same as Killington). The latter 2 blow snow like you wouldn't believe!

However, keep an eye on Jay Peak and Wildcat as well. Jay Peak is a HAUL, but they get, by far, the most natural snow in the North East and sometimes you can catch them after a BIG dump. Wildcat also get's alot of snow with a base elavation of 2,000 feet and 2,100 uncrouded vertical feet is one of my favorite picks. Their new high speed detach quad RULES! Bottom to top in 6 minutes for the FULL 2,100 vertical feet with the best view in the North East.

Have fun!

This was last October at Wildcat (no, I wasn't there :( ).

http://www.oldhouseweb.com/bitmaps/seasons/wildcat-oct2005/

Sugarloaf was sadly bad early in the season, if you want check out killington, a haul but ususally worth it. If you have the privlege of short notice, check out the mountains 4-5 days before you leave, and see what has the most trails open/snow etc. the River is nice and usually covered (hopefully) that time of year. Plus, well Maine kicks ass!

I'm baised.......we have a condo up at sugarloaf Mt. We love it up there, I've skiied/boared everywhere though......

it was WICKED rough up there in Nov......most places are that early so you're gonna have a tough time finding good + conditions......you're better off go'n late in March/April as the loaf gets the most snow in March :D

I'm pray'n for lots of snow early for ya man......bring it on!

Archived