LegacyGT.com

Invidia Q300 melting the bumper plastic?

Sorry if its already been discussed, but is this true for a sedan? I searched and the only thing I found regarded a wagon having the underbody plastic melt by the exhaust tips. I have an older version of the Q300. I am just running if for a daily driven Stg. 2. If I should be concerned, how do I fix it?

So this is a well-known issue? I'm just surprised b/c the invidia q300 already "sticks out" a good bit on the rear bumper of the sedan.

I'll prob buy the parts, looks like its around $50 for 5 of them

Yeah its well known, i'd honestly only buy the ones for the mufflers. BTW how do you like the sound?

so only 2 for the end mounts?

i havent had them on yet, but from what i've heard on others' cars its a nice combo of STi-like tones under regular throttle and snarling monster at WOT (stage 2)

im going to go ahead and order some just to be safe (and they are cheap, and more stable than stock).

the question is, should i order all 5 or just 2 for the hangers closest to the bumpers?

I have all 5 extended with my Q300 equipped with the GrimmSpeed Limited catted DP. NO Burns and NO carbon marks. The sound is quiet. Very quiet... I wanted something more beefier but it is classy and NO drone what soever within the cabin. Convos are easy with and without the radio. Outside however, the Subie Crew say it is pretty loud. So idk I'm Trying to find someone to drive my car JUST So I can see and hear outside the box.

• 3 months later...
I'm having the same issue. If i were smarted, i would have bought a v3 but no, i bought V1 and the fitment sucks. Which hangers did you get? Did you fix the problem? Even if extend the hangers, it seems like they'll still be off center from the exhaust cut-out.

I'm having the same issue. If i were smarted, i would have bought a v3 but no, i bought V1 and the fitment sucks. Which hangers did you get? Did you fix the problem? Even if extend the hangers, it seems like they'll still be off center from the exhaust cut-out.

I hope you got the V1 at a massive discount to the V3 though...I did. I think I got kartboy 14mm xl hangers. It fixed the problem, but they are still off center. Not a huge deal as the heat transfer is good and I havent had any melting/paint blackening

To fix the off center, put a screw type hose clamp around the rubber hanger and tighten the clamp until the pipes are centered.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Did you extend all 5 hangers? I think I overpaid - completely forgot to ask which version it was and only came across Q300 posts about how awesome of an exhaust it was. I'm guessing guy dumped his because of the fitment since the thing looked barely used. :mad:

I hope you got the V1 at a massive discount to the V3 though...I did. I think I got kartboy 14mm xl hangers. It fixed the problem, but they are still off center. Not a huge deal as the heat transfer is good and I havent had any melting/paint blackening

Another question about this thing... I have a Cobb DP that tapers to 2.5" http://www.jscspeed.com/images/products/1be185f662515445.jpg

Did I need to use a GrimmSpeed 3" adapter? I went flat gasket with permatex...

Did you extend all 5 hangers? I think I overpaid - completely forgot to ask which version it was and only came across Q300 posts about how awesome of an exhaust it was. I'm guessing guy dumped his because of the fitment since the thing looked barely used. :mad:

I only extended the back 2 hangers. However my exhaust does clink against a heatshield halfway under the car now...

Archived