LegacyGT.com

Headlight Upgrades - NON VENDOR UPDATE THREAD

IDRVSLO

According to your post - that would've been on 4/23.....I did not receive any texts from you and have since texted you (on 4/24) and sent an email (on 5/4) asking to resend. Seems like the only way to get a response from you is when posting on this forum.

Texting again right now.

[

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no lights......order placed on 1/2.......at this point, please refund my money.

According to your post - that would've been on 4/23.....I did not receive any texts from you and have since texted you (on 4/24) and sent an email (on 5/4) asking to resend. Seems like the only way to get a response from you is when posting on this forum.

So still no lights.....UPS tracking shows not even picked up yet......and not to mention all the excuses about UPS and how no longer using UPS????? So what's the story now? Refund my $.:mad:

I am currently working to refund all of the orders that have not been either shipped or built. I was trying my best to get caught up with work but I am unable to do so. This was never my intention and I apologize indefinitely.

Scott

[

I thought this joker was legit but boy was I wrong. I ordered some headlights on 4/19 and was told the lights would ship in 7 days. Then I was told they will ship the middle of the following week. Then I was told they would ship the beginning of the following week. It has now been close to a month since I had made the payment. He told me they shipped on 5/6 but to the "wrong address".

A few days ago he apologized to me and said he was very busy. To make it up to me, he told me he would spend the night building my headlights and ship them out the following morning. Sure enough, I did not get ANY pics and was told his "gf dropped them off at UPS 15 min ago". When I asked for a shipping label, he sent me a pic of it at 12 AM. According to UPS, [the label] was created at 11:38 PM, 20 min before he sent me a pic of it. Funny stuff. It had not been even scanned by any UPS store. He just "made" the label.

His reason for lying is beyond me. He also posted in this thread saying he is switching to FedEx because UPS "has failed him one too many times". It's not like it's hard to get a refund. Hopefully Paypal will return my money in a few days. Warning to anyone, do not buy headlights from this guy. Not now, not "when he's back in 2 months"... not ever.

Thanks for nothing Scott. You just wasted a lot of my time for no reason.

Sorry for the rant. Just a little ticked off.

Edited by leakypipe86

You guys read that he just started a new job and was out of town for more than a week doing training right? Scott has had issues but certainly seems to be trying to take care of things in the long run. I have been assured I will have my lights bfore the ed of the month. as long as that happens we have no issue.

You guys read that he just started a new job and was out of town for more than a week doing training right? Scott has had issues but certainly seems to be trying to take care of things in the long run. I have been assured I will have my lights bfore the ed of the month. as long as that happens we have no issue.

Seemed like a stand up guy.....hope you're right but I got a really bad feeling that this is not going to turn out well........paid Scott $1065 on 1/2/13 and nothing to show for it

Patience is wearing very thin.......about to get ugly :mad:

A legit vendor should pick up this service. Lots of potential to make $$$ here.

try this guy, he is local (to me) and does great work

http://www.newenglandsubarus.com/forums/member.php?u=818

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Yeah until my refund was canceled by PayPal because NSF I was on bored. Now I am sitting here eating interest waiting to get it straightened out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I sent in my lights back in March and it took about a month for them to get them back. Well, it was a little longer then anticipated, but it was worth the wait. Scott communication wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't bad. Every time I sent him a email I would usually get a reply within 48 hours. :whore: for Scott and Illuminous Designs

Listen guys, I totally understand the frustration when money has been spent and you don't have product in hand. Scott is a stand up and legit guy and has done a lot of quality work for many members of the forum including myself. Unfortunately he's had a lot going on in his personal life including moving across the country in recent months that has gotten in the way of his side business. Remember, aside from doing headlights, Scott is also in school and working a real job so delays happen unfortunately. I've been working with Scott for several months and I received my lights and core return refund even though it took some time. Scott has done his very best to keep me happy on my purchase and gone well beyond what he was required to do when there were issues. Again I totally understand the frustration of the situation for some of you but Scott is a well respected member of this community, he'll get your orders sorted out one way or another.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I really don't understand all the people standing up for this guy.

As someone who's been buying and selling on eBay since day one, Scott wouldn't last a week. Find some of the worst sellers on eBay, and you'll still find some happy customers. Guess it's all part of the "I got mine, so F everyone else" mentality.

In a couple days, it will be two months since I sent him over $700...same thing...will ship 7 days after payment received...emails not responded to...and when they are, it's 3 weeks later and doesn't address what was asked. "Just got your email - they'll be shipped on Saturday", and nothing after weeks of waiting.

Everyone complaining is totally justified in doing so, and for those who had no issues, or very few, consider yourself lucky but don't tell people to ease up. Venting is about all we can do as we wait, and wait, and wait, and wait....

Everyone here is justified in their complaints. I purchased lights, parts etc and can not complete the orders. This is all my fault and I understand that. I am working to get everyone their full amount refunded. If yo are outside of the claims window I will still refund your money. If you feel the need to file a claim do so. I understand. I am not going to screw anyone over or keep your money. I take full responsibility for what has transpired. I am working on solutions for each order.

Thanks for the understanding.

[

I am kind of glad my tax return took a long time to get back to me. I have been watching this thread closely. I am stationed in Italy and I would hate to go through what some of you guys went through. Granted shipping is to a US zip code but still. As a paying customer you do expect to get your product in a timely manner. If not, communications is an important factor of not irritating your customer base. I got it some guys got their stuff in a timely manner. I do believe Scott is a stand up guy. However, I would like to see things made right. I would also like to see orders ship out promptly. With that, I believe my confidence in purchasing from Scott would go up.

That's just it, though..given what a bunch of us are reporting, isn't it time to wonder if Scott's "stand up guy" status is questionable (at best)?

Being a good guy isn't based on the good you do for some, but the effort you make to do good for all.

And if some folks like him so much that they're mildly offended at the anger on display here, your time might be better spent chatting with your friend Scott about any help you might offer him, rather than telling others to be calm.

If he's a stand up guy, maybe someone wants to send me $760, and you can wait for Scott to pay you back. Any takers, shoot me an IM and I'll invoice you.;)

Scott,

I am both within the claim window and within your “last orders accepted” timeframe. I don’t know I should act on your latest response – are you going to:

1. Provide me with my headlight order soon or

2. A full refund or

3. Should I just go ahead and file a claim with PayPal?

To be honest I am hoping for option 1. Please let me know how I should move forward.

Thanks,

Mike

I am writing this review because of the recent events that have happened on LGT. I sent Scott my headlights after a little fender bender, one stock and one used light I got on ebay and one that was already done by Light Werks in NJ by the previous owner. I sent the lights to Scott and it took a week for him to get them (CT to WA). A day after he received them he said that one of the lights had been broken by Fedex and I had to find a new light and put in a claim. This bothered me but I went with his word and put in a claim and luckly I had $300 in insurance so I got a light shipped overnight to him from California for $220. The claim with fedex took a couple weeks but I ended up getting a check for $326 so the full insurance cost and the original shipping. Scotts communication was great by the way through text and phone call so I can not complain about that at all.

Scott drove ALL the way to the fedex ground location to have the light inspected for the claim instead of having them pick it up and drop it back off to him which was great.

When I received the lights they were in the same "dropped" box that one headlight had been broken. When I undid the bubble wrap I was shocked at the VERY poor quality of work. There were bubbles and runs in the paint, the outside housing was cloudy and scratched like one light had been buffed and there were bubbles in the paint and the worst part is one lens was completely out of place and was resting at the bottom of the inside housing.

I called Scott very upset and he said he understood and said he would refund me $250 of the $285 I sent him as he already paid for shipping. I was Ok with that however I had to get these lights fixed and my car back together. So I brought the lights right down to a local shop called Papa Customs in East Windsor who said not a problem and it would cost $275 (his normal charge for taking apart and painting lights). I was going on vacation and said cool I will pick them up when I get back.

I got back from vacation and Tommy at the shop said that after he opened up the lights they were a mess. There were broken tabs, the projector lens fell because of a broken clip (thankfully I used the one from the busted light I kept) and the bubbles in the paint were from previously done halo housings.

I did NOT pay Scott for Halo's and the lights I sent him did NOT have previous Halo's so I got completely different insides. I called Scott pretty upset because he put butole* adhesive in those holes and just painted over them. When he bakes the lights the adhesive bubbled the paint making it look like shit. At that point Tommy had to work magic and use new adhesive that he could fill the holes with to make it work but he couldnt guarentee it would work. In the end it worked and he made the lights look like they should have originally. Tommy ended up charging another $90 on top of what he originally estimated (Tommy at Papa Customs here in CT is amazing). I called Scott and told him this and he ended up paying me the money it cost to fix the lights.

In the end the car was down for over a month and it was a big headache. Scotts work was piss poor BUT his communication was very good and he made good on his word to pay me back in full. He even ate the cost of the TSX-R lenses he installed. I was told by several members that he did good work and I went with him because of that. I hope he can fix his quality issues one day I really do.

Scott - I am very sorry that I told you I would not say anything negative (since you paid me back) however I feel that the community should know my experience. I am not doing this to harm you in any way and I hope you end up learning from this and fix the issues.

This was my experience with Scott

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Interesting review, and kudos for being so concise, honest and fair. Not always easy to do that when you're not a happy camper.

Personally, though, I and others have been 100% screwed. Now, a week has passed since the above post by Scott, and I've received no communication whatsoever in follow-up. Why post that at all? What's so hard about a personal message in follow-up to that, estimating a time for a refund? (Not that I'd believe it, anyway, and thus I've probably answered my own question.)

I'll be calling my credit card issuer later today.

Edited by TurboAWD

• 2 weeks later...
I had the same problem. He told me the item was shipped and never gave me the tracking number. Whenever I tell him I will make a claim on him through PayPal, he responds then and tells me he will send a tracking number. This guy shouldn't be allowed to do business on here any more.

Ok, I have maintained a low key on the forums about this. I didn't want to drive to Washington to reclaim my money or even file a police report. Sending money over paypal takes 2 minutes, if that, and can be done anywhere you have a internet connected device. This has gone to far so I needed to post something.

I wanted to make a post to compile all the information about what you can do.

First off: File a complaint with Paypal. If you can't through the webpage, please call them directly. Here is the contact page.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/home/

Second: Everyone that has had money taken from them should go to your local Police Department. Take all the correspondence between you and Scott via any means.

The Legacygt forums has an export function for the messages in your inbox,sentbox. Use this, It is in the bottom right hand corner of the inbox page.

The police report at your local level will only take you 30 mins. I actually had an entertaining trip listening to a girl inform the officer of her relationship to the incarcerated as "baby mama."

Third: Please file a complain on the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint page.

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Fourth: Call your bank/credit card company and file a complaint.

Fifth: Call the police back and add the case numbers to the file from paypal and your credit card company.

Here is the compiled information I have on scott as you can hand to the authorities in your area. All information is readily available on the internet and this forum, so I just compiled it into one post.

Scott Glasser

scott.glasser@gmail.com

Phones:

+14254170305 Bellevue, WA

+14252985757

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/scott.glasser.9

Company Name: VisionMode

https://www.facebook.com/TheVisionMode/page_map

Matt Glasser is the admin of the page, Scott's Brother

Here is where all the pictures are being taken on the facebook page.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=NE+137th+Ct+Kirkland,+WA&ll=47.723463,-122.17993&spn=0.001244,0.002064&hnear=NE+137th+Ct,+Kirkland,+King,+Washington+98034&gl=us&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=47.723503,-122.17977&panoid=CagbpPJZqronqC_yrkynMA&cbp=12,157.75,,0,2.39

The subaru forester in the above picture is in one of the pictures on the facebook page, among everything else.

I have downloaded the pictures and posted them here.

http://imgur.com/a/8ivXX

A Glasser has an account over at vwvortex

http://forums.vwvortex.com/member.php?550997-Glasser&

If someone works for UPS and can run this tracking number for a destination address, that is most likely where Scott lives.

1Z69Y4Y90395345070

Please File the appropriate reports so when your local PDs call the Bellevue/Kirkland PDs there will be more on file for him and we can get a quicker resolution.

Scott, If you read this, please contact me so we can come to a non-criminal resolution to the situation. You have my number, email, and username.

Edited by tinyty

I am contacting you right now. I understand everyone is pissed and rightfully so. I am working.....as in working full time to recoup everyones money. I talked to Hassa about this a few days ago. I have lights sitting here that I do not have time to finish. I am extremely sorry to everyone involved and hate how this has happened. I will work day and night to get everyone their money back until the last cent is paid.

TinyTy, emailing.

[